Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello r6 owners was on the r6 message net today and came across a thread that talks about a battery leak problem on the r6. was just wonder if any of you guys have experienced this. thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool i'm pretty much freaking out. i'm gonna check my battery cause so many people out there are saying there battery is leaking all over the swingarm, chain, and rear shock. i dunno it's scary. you pay x amount of dollars and all of a sudden this occurs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
sad

the post in the r6messagenet is true. happened to me. i also started a similar post in the yamaha section of sbn. check when your warranty expires.

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
You can try sending a PM to DanO5150 on this board - he's the service director for Woodfield Yamaha. He can tell you just how common it is, and if there's any fix for it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
ok to all if you who are freaking you can put your bike in my care and when/if it happens I will notify you :jester also I am not responsible for the number of miles it takes for me to thorughly check this concern and set you mind at ease :D

sorry I know this is a serious concern but if all I had to worry about was a possibly leaking battery I would dance a happy dance for a week

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
lossofsanity said:
cool i'm pretty much freaking out. i'm gonna check my battery cause so many people out there are saying there battery is leaking all over the swingarm, chain, and rear shock. i dunno it's scary. you pay x amount of dollars and all of a sudden this occurs.
I've never heard of this happening on the R6. I would talk to Dano. It did happen to me back in the old days on my 1988 FZ600. I just had the subframe powdercoated floeressant yellow, and the fricn' thing leaked acid all over it. The subframe peeked out alittle on those bikes and it turned it brown where it showed of course.:mad

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
No experience yet...but there is a hole in the bottom of the battery tray. Easy fix is to get some rubber tubing, connect to the hole and route the tubing down the kickstand area or elsewhere. That's what I am going to do. Also, some guys were saying that they thought it had something to do w/ keeping their bike charged on a trickle charger....don't know if that has any support though.

Doc

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
talked to woodfield ms. they haven't seen any come in on r6 but one case on the r1. also heard about it might be a bad voltage regulator. just keep checking your bikes guys. it s pretty messed up. ive been thinking about trading in and getting something else don't know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i know ive just been thinking. this just kinda makes me worry. like i said before, you pay a great deal of money and things like this occurs. i know it seems miniscule( i think thats right) but i pay for this bike with my hard earned money.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Dude, if I can get the rubber tubing and hook it up to my battery tray and run it down the stand (w/ success), then I will buy the extra and you can ride down to the sticks (Manteno) and I will install it free of charge. All you have to pay for is the gas to get down here. Same goes for you Michael. Then, we all can go on riding on the 2 roads we have worth riding.

Doc

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Most of the 600's have annoying little electrical problems. I think it's due to cost cutting. Would you rather have cheaper brakes or suspension instead??? Hell no. So you live with little electrical gremlins and goblins and you give them names. I'm calling mine Bob. Bob pokes his ugly head and won't let my engine run unless I unplug the headlights. Right now Bob seems to be on vacation, so everythign is okay. :laughing :cheers

·
Premium Member
45,955 Posts
Vcook said:

except for the gixxers.
Thats because the word "Suzuki" in it's original latin meaning is "Perfection at it's finest" :D :D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
GsxrTony said:

Thats because the word "Suzuki" in it's original latin meaning is "Perfection at it's finest" :D :D
:rofl :rofl :rofl

:bs Is that the Japanese Dialect of Latin???:confused :rolleyes :laughing :laughing

·
Premium Member
45,955 Posts
Crazy said:

:bs Is that the Japanese Dialect of Latin???:confused :rolleyes :laughing :laughing
Shit I have no clue, I'm talkin out my ass again :D :D :D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
GsxrTony said:

Shit I have no clue, I'm talkin out my ass again :D :D :D
:laughing :laughing I'm going to excersize my fear of being banned and leave that one alone.:D :cheers :laughing :laughing

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Michael said:

i'll take you up on this if you experience this problem .. right now, i'm not worried about it in the least.
The thing I worry about is when it does happen, I'm don't think Yamaha will replace the swingarm, rear shock and chain when the acid eats at it. After reading what has happened to the guys on R6messagenet, I am going to rig something so that if it does happen, it won't ruin anything costly. I'll keep you guys informed.

Doc

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Doc said:

The thing I worry about is when it does happen, I'm don't think Yamaha will replace the swingarm, rear shock and chain when the acid eats at it. After reading what has happened to the guys on R6messagenet, I am going to rig something so that if it does happen, it won't ruin anything costly. I'll keep you guys informed.

Doc
Just a suggestion but you could look into a different type of battery. like the VRLA or a Gel battery that you could mount upside down if you want and it wont leak.:cheers

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Crazy said:

Just a suggestion but you could look into a different type of battery. like the VRLA or a Gel battery that you could mount upside down if you want and it wont leak.:cheers
It really isn't that big of a concern for me. I'm just going to experiment w/ some rubber tubing instead of buying a whole new battery. Although, I will keep that in mind when the time comes to get a new battery. Thanks! ;)

Doc

1 - 20 of 20 Posts