1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
okay is it a ride your asking, signing up, or just giving toys? Sorry for being naieve but i only saw this on the news. What ya asking us to do.:confused

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I think she's posting for everyone to ride. I know many did last year....I sally-ed out and didn't go. It was cold and really REALLY early in the morning!:twofinger

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL!!! Sorry if I was being vague.

1. Go to the store and buy a toy.

2. Dig out all your cold-weather gear.

3. Set your alarm to get up REEELY EARLY (For best results, we should arrive at the Dan Ryan Woods by no later than 8 a.m.)

Since our membership is spread all over the metro area, I'd suggest setting up regional meeting points, converging on a central location and then riding the balance of the way to the Dan Ryan Woods in a group.

South siders meet at Gas City.
West Burb folks meet at SOW.
North Burbs meet at the southbound side of the Lake Forest Oasis maybe?

I'm looking for ideas for a central meeting point so that we can all arrive at the Dan Ryan Woods together. This ride is so freakin' big that if we were to all arrive on our own, we'd never see each other.

That is, of course, if there's any interest???

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I should be able to do this one!

Well, I'm pretty sure drill is the weekend following this one, so I should be able to make it. I missed last year's because of drill.
I have to get the drill schedule for my new unit, but I THINK I can do this.

Meet at Highland House for the northern folks? Depends on how many northern folks there are.

Chris

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
kim yeah a bunch of us did it last year and it was worth it, not only for the kids but after meeting everyone in the morning, coverd in ICE and freezing our ass off, not only did we help some poor kid, but the weather GOT SUNNY and warm, warm enough i had my helmet off and my jacket, and was riding around with a sanata cluase hat on:cheers

from the looks of your meeting spots sounds good, we just need the one FINAL meet for all of us to drive up together and get into grid lock waiting to proceed into it all.

i saw one of the hottest chick on a rocket last year and even had a few words with her...man she was HOTT!

anyway, any suggestions, for the final grand meet spot before riding to it?

the last time we all meet at the denys at 95th street and 294, from there we ate some breakfest and all went together.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Is it just me or does it not make any sence at all to scedule a motorcycle parade in winter. I'd love to know who had their head up thier ass when they were scheduling that originally.

Although I did it the one year and had a good time, but man was it cold.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It just serves to demonstrate that Chicagoans are tougher than your average rider! Parade turnout is consistently in the tens of thousands... pretty cool considering!

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay... certifiably insane????:jester

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
Yeah I was one of the poeople who did this last year. Fond memories were having a 1/4" sheet of ice on me while riding from LITH to Slumburg to meet up with Maggy and Greg.

Gear I wore,(Since I didn't have leathers at the time)

Two Riding Jackets (Thank Heavens Champ's was big on me)
Two sweatshirts
One long sleeve shirt, and one T-Shirt
Two pairs of flannel socks
Flannel long johns
Two pairs of jeans
Flannel boxers
Thick "Liner" golves inside my riding gloves
Head sock
hiking boots

I was Cold as hell in the morning, and of course having to ride with the visor up at 4am sucked because the damned thing doesn't have a defrost. Of course it ended up being like 73 degrees by lunch, so I was sweating my ass off!

BUT, It was a hella great time and a great cause. Not to mention we got to laugh at a but load of harley guys that had their bikes break down (Sorry Kim, but it was funny) and saw a lot of guys stumble out of bars to get on their bikes as well.

I was happy as hell that I went last year! Even with the cold of the morning! Now if I just had a bike.......

Ciao,
Lupi

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I could probably find this by looking at the TFT site but I dont have the time to search around for this. Plus walking around in CLSB is a lot more fun.

Do you have to pre-register for this ride, pay anything early, or attend any meetings for this or is it a show up on Dec 1st with a toy and ride/freeze your ass off? Reason being I am not sure if I am going to be in town that weekend. Thank you in advance for whoever has the answer.:confused

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No fees, no pre-reg... just show up with a new, unwrapped toy other than a stuffed animal, freeze yer stuff off have fun and RIDE!

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Sounds like a blast to me! As of right now i'm in!:D :thumbsup

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Lupi said:
I was happy as hell that I went last year! Even with the cold of the morning! Now if I just had a bike.......

Ciao,
Lupi
:eek:t
There's 2 bikes in my garage for sale! ;)

Chris

I've got lots of room in my saddlebags for stuff!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Yeah I'm in. What about a meeting place for us in the city?? I know most of the peeps are out in the burbs but how could you forget us :(... I'm weeping into my keyboard right now. Anyway do the city riders wanna meet at the Rock and Roll McDonalds? I don't know where you guys usually meet but there's an idea.

Now I gotta figure out how to carry a brand new big-wheel on my bike (hahaha) don't think it'll fit in my backpack

:laughing

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
the rock and roll mcdonalds is one of the most bike unfriendly establishments in the city. do not meet there. I refuse to even go there in my car. bastards.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Vcook said:
the rock and roll mcdonalds is one of the most bike unfriendly establishments in the city. do not meet there. I refuse to even go there in my car. bastards.
Eek sorry. Suggestions then?

·
Grammaton Cleric
1,842 Posts
Stydie750SS said:
Yeah I'm in. What about a meeting place for us in the city?? I know most of the peeps are out in the burbs but how could you forget us :(... I'm weeping into my keyboard right now. Anyway do the city riders wanna meet at the Rock and Roll McDonalds? I don't know where you guys usually meet but there's an idea.

Now I gotta figure out how to carry a brand new big-wheel on my bike (hahaha) don't think it'll fit in my backpack

:laughing
:eek:t

Young Grasshopper, learn from my mistakes...You NEVER want to meet in the Near North. Chicago Police bust motorcycle asses, BIG TIME! :twofinger Why Squids from Streets of Squidfield like to hang out there is beyond my comprehension?

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

·
Grammaton Cleric
1,842 Posts
Stydie750SS said:

Eek sorry. Suggestions then?
Pick a Starbucks that is near you (in LP), but close to 90/94

Just a suggestion...I usually choose a Gas Station or Starbucks near one of the expressways

1 - 20 of 62 Posts