Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best place to bye a track bike by far is at the AMA races... Expecially Road America! I picked up a Red N Black F4I, with plunty of extras for racing, for only $4,500.... The only bad thing was some minor road rash on the left side.... All n All I feel a 600cc is the way to go for a track bike...:thumbsup

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
cooooooll deal. heres a little hint though...... you'll go faster at the track if the front tire stays on the ground!!;) :D :D :D

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
1st nice pic.
2nd I think your right about the 600 being a great track bike.
3rd good idea about acquiring a bike at the track.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just happened to stumble on it at the races in June.... Since then I have not been able to get it on a track yet...
Speaking of racing how does one get started? I know I'll need to take a course and what not but... What about sponsers n what not?

Hey Jimgofast- I had to break it in:evil

·
Registered
916 Posts
Sully said:
I just happened to stumble on it at the races in June.... Since then I have not been able to get it on a track yet...
Speaking of racing how does one get started? I know I'll need to take a course and what not but... What about sponsers n what not?

Hey Jimgofast- I had to break it in:evil
Learning Curves is the feeder school for CCS. You take the school on Saturday and can race on Sunday. www.ccsracing.com

Sponsers????:jester :jester :jester Unless you own your own company and can write off 15K a year in "advertising expenses" I wouldn't count on sponsorship! the OTHER way to get a sponsor is to go fast....really fast. Start running blackhawk under 1:14 and you will raise eyebrows...

If I were you I'd focus on two things right now:

1.) Get the bike ready..... read the CCS rulebook for safewiring/bike prep rules and you'll at least need a legal bellypan

2.) Get lots of tracktime and get up-to-speed before your 1st race day.

:helmet :cheers :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
That biek still looks pretty much stock. F4's more than any of the other 600's need a little more work to get them up to speed. Easy to ride fast, but not set up stock to go really fast.

Does it at lest have a aftermarket shock or a valve job up front.

If you haven't been on a track before, I'd just go and do a couple track days to see what it's like. Fast of the street and fast on the track can be 2 totally different things. Some fast gus on the street have trouble making the transition.

Riding can be a lot about confidence. The track is a whole new ballgame.

Good luck.

BTW - nice bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.