Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Seriously?
7,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ... looks like everything around the holidays is like 3x's the $. Biggy and I want to take a trip somewhere leaving Dec 25th ( yes we know it's Christmas Day ) and come back the 30th or somewhere around there ( over New Years is ok too ). Every single location I look at to fly to, it's 3x's the normal amount. So started thinking about just going somewhere around here... but where?? No spa resorts, Biggy isn't into them. No skiing places either. Somewhere of the surrounding states, no more than a 4-5 hour drive. Or if anyone has any hook ups or knows any really good deals to fly somewhere... let me know :)

·
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin
8,791 Posts
What about Grizzley Bear resort or the Dells.

·
Seriously?
7,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok what's there to do at these places though?? I know Door County, that was an option we were considering. I have family up there.

·
I miss mopar
8,247 Posts
The big thing is what do you want to do on your trip? That makes a difference.

If you decide to fly, leaving on Christmas and coming back New years day is usually the most inexpensive way to go. Colorado usually has decent airfares during those dates

·
Seriously?
7,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The big thing is what do you want to do on your trip? That makes a difference.

If you decide to fly, leaving on Christmas and coming back New years day is usually the most inexpensive way to go. Colorado usually has decent airfares during those dates
Nope.. it's HELLA expensive to fly between the 25th - 1st of Jan. Anywhere is expensive.
Dpends... if it's somewhere warm just sit on the beach/snorkeling shit like that.
Somewhere cold then snowmobiling/hiking? I don't know what there is to do in the winter? :laughing:

·
I miss mopar
8,247 Posts
How about Northern Michigan like Traverse City. You can go to Kalkaska for snomobiling, go to Boyne for skiing, and traverse is fun to walk around at. Hotels should be real cheap during this time of year. It's about a 5.5 hr drive. Oh and it's on lake Michigan, which is nice to look at. Maybe you and Biggy can do a Polar Bear swim.

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
Mall of America?

Reactions: Mort82

·
Resident Slow Guy
7,386 Posts
5 hours doesn't give you much of an option. Mall of America as Endless stated if you plan to do some shopping, which by the way isn't a bad idea considering the time you are going. But if you are willing to "go the extra mile" as they say then I say go down to the Smokies. Maybe try Gatlinburg Tennessee (sp). Its about an 8 hour drive.

·
Banned
17,542 Posts

·
Illegitimi non Carborundu
7,290 Posts
Door County - Sister Bay area. Get something right off the lake. It's off-season, but everything is still open and you get some GREAT deals on some really nice hotel rooms with great views.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I spent quite a bit of time here last year during a nearby project. it was REALLY nice and SUPER cheap! I think I paid about $50 a night with my Caterpillar Corp discount, I believe its about 70 normal price. Tons of stuff to do outdoors. It's only about a 6 hour drive or so. Great summer or winter place. The surronding lake freezes and they have snowmobile races. Highly recommended.

Silvano

http://www.fourseasonswi.com/index.htm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts