Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's my dilema.

Since I have the highmount, I can't even mount short stalks on my modified fender. Therefore, I have to go the MDWright route and have them integrate LEDs in there. I can either have it done now and not go to Gingerman/BHF or wait until winter and have them integrated then and hit the track.

The downfall is, I will be riding w/o turn signals on the street if I go to the track.

What would you do???

Doc

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Doc said:
Okay, here's my dilema.

Since I have the highmount, I can't even mount short stalks on my modified fender. Therefore, I have to go the MDWright route and have them integrate LEDs in there. I can either have it done now and not go to Gingerman/BHF or wait until winter and have them integrated then and hit the track.

The downfall is, I will be riding w/o turn signals on the street if I go to the track.

What would you do???

Doc
Your never out on the street anyway.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Re: Re: Turn Signals or Track Day???

Crazy said:

Order up some of Fred's srewlights and mounts those in your tail light. Problem solved. 15 miutes install time.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Turn Signals or Track Day???

Crazy said:

I am...just not when group rides take place. It's hard to justify having time to ride when the wife isn't home and then jetting out the door when she does get home. You'll probably see me more once school starts.

Doc

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Turn Signals or Track Day???

Doc said:

I am...just not when group rides take place. It's hard to justify having time to ride when the wife isn't home and then jetting out the door when she does get home. You'll probably see me more once school starts.

Doc
Awwwww....just messin' with you Doc.:D :laughing haven't seen you since March you know.

Get a Dussalt tail. They are sweeeeeeeet. I've been throwing around that idea for the winter.:D :cheers

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Go with the track and get the MD Wright Integrater later. You could do the light screws as a work around for now.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
I drove around all summer w.out rear signals (and mirrors) because of my high mount.

Just signal with your arm. I finally got some special shortstalks to work, took them off for the BHF day and crashed :D

Just buy a new "street":rolleyes bike like I did.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
get some little flshmount and mount them on you tail section. I still might do that some time when I'm bored on a rainy day. Buy one of thsoe hole saw for the drill and go to work.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Michael said:
Doc .. turn signals aren't required in IL .. just use your arm to signal for now.

as far as the integrator .. i think i'm going to go with the one r6jon does. it's a bit more pricey, but it probably looks a ton cleaner .. actual yellow lights for the turn signals and he like triples the amount of led's in the tail from stock.

save your cash .. go to the track. btw .. the md wright ones will only cost you one track day.
Yeah, I thought about the one R6Jon does, but I think he isn't taking orders right now because of an accident. I could be wrong though. I also don't like hand signals because too many idiots don't know what they are. It would be safer if I could just get them integrated right away.

Also, I don't think I am going to do 2 more Nesba days. I think only 1 more is in the works. Aug. 25th looks pretty promising. We'll see... the two Ws have the final say (wife and work).

Doc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts