Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Twist of the Wrist

1K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Ducman 
#1 ·
I bought a copy of "A Twist of the Wrist II" yesterday. Any pre-reading tips or things to concentrate or read more than once you guys could give me would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Try not to pay attention to the words they give definitions for in bold or whatever. I swear, I started reading it and it'll like bold acceleration, so I flipped to the end of the chapter to see if they had some crazy, more insightful, more sportbike applicable definition and it's just a standard dictionary definition. Most of that stuff is for words you should already know, assuming English is your first language, so just ignore it or it'll probably be annoying. Of course, maybe this is just in the old version I read. ;)

#3 ·
Michael said:

is that the one Ducman left behind that was supposed to make it so Crazy didn't have to buy it? :twofinger :D :D

where is that copy anyway :confused
It's Twenty bucks if you can find a copy. So pucker up and open the wallet:D :D :laughing :evil

#6 ·
Michael said:

not again!! :nono

you feeling ok today Ken? there's something very strange about your posts!

:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing
ROTFLMAO

#7 ·
I think this is the copy. VCook lent it to Maks. I remember because I had to bring it up here since Maks overslept or some lame excuse like that. :D He refered to it as the 'CLSB Libary' copy. Damn, so :eek:t it's not even funny. And Maks, my newer copy of it has the same lame-o explanations.

To the point of the thread. I'd read the first chapters on throttle control. The suspension chapters are good, but really just reinforce the throttle control S.R. (people buying trick suspension parts to make up for lack of proper throttle control). The other S.R's only have a chapter or two on each of them, but throttle control has about 5. Of course, it's the biggest problem with people converting from street riding to track riding.

I need to start reading this book again.
Chris

#9 ·
Thanks for the imput. I'll start reading it tonight on the train ride home.:D

#10 ·
Michael said:
i already own it bitch! i was just trying to protect the generousity that Ducman showed by leaving that copy to be passed around to those that didn't have it :twofinger :D :D
Yeah, uh, sorry. I'm not trying to steal it or betray Ducman's generosity or anything, it's just that both my dad and I are trying to read it and my dad doesn't have very much free time. I'll tell my dad you said his time is up and pass it on to whoever wants it next, Michael. So, who needs it?

#19 ·
lossofsanity said:
can you buy twist of the wrist II at a borders? or do i have to buy it online?
I bought mine there but they don't always carry a copy.

#20 ·
HooliganZX6 said:
Sounds good thanks max

Hey kev.............. is that vid worth looking for?
No, Its nothing special. Its good material for a beginner, common sense stuff. I would rather passs a copy of it around. Its only 30 min long. You may be surprised what the library has. and if they don't have it , you fill out a req form and they usually get it , at least here in AH from what my dad says

#21 ·
maks said:
Yeah, uh, sorry. I'm not trying to steal it or betray Ducman's generosity or anything, it's just that both my dad and I are trying to read it and my dad doesn't have very much free time. I'll tell my dad you said his time is up and pass it on to whoever wants it next, Michael. So, who needs it?

That book makes great bathroom reading, so spread it around...ah I mean pass it around...If its missing a few pages, you now know where they went

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.