Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here on the forums aware of any local shops that can undercut and index a motorcycle transmission gear shaft. Wanted to keep the work and money local instead of shipping it out of state. Thanks,

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
i'm not that familiar with this subject but i was told it is not worth the money to get it done unless you already have a bad gear and your taking it apart anyways. that was told to me by the owner of a bike shop. not really sure myself but that’s what i have heard.

there are shops around here that to it though. i'm sure they will pop in this thread shortly.

·
SV650N
3,098 Posts
Its worth it if you're serious about racing or just abusing the motor in general. This is especially true for OLD bikes (as in, pre-1992) but if your bike is newer, then its probably not necessary.

As far as I know, no local shops touch it, but you can call the fine folks at 4 & 6. If anyone would know, its 4 & 6.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Just send the thing to R&D in Florida and get it done rite. They will mangaflux for cracks or stress and tell you if parts are good or bad and then undercut the trans. That's where I have sent all my transmissions for race motors. This is a specialty job and requires a special jig to back cut the gears. Get it done by someone who has been in the industry for a long time.

(727) 447-4552.
R&D Motorsports
1632 N. Hercules Ave.
Building G.
Clearwater Fla. 33765

·
Registered
631 Posts
Just send the thing to R&D in Florida and get it done rite. They will mangaflux for cracks or stress and tell you if parts are good or bad and then undercut the trans. That's where I have sent all my transmissions for race motors. This is a specialty job and requires a special jig to back cut the gears. Get it done by someone who has been in the industry for a long time.

(727) 447-4552.
R&D Motorsports
1632 N. Hercules Ave.
Building G.
Clearwater Fla. 33765
what he said...dont know anyone local who is good at it. this place has done my last three motor's

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
i'm not that familiar with this subject.
If you aren't that familiar then why do you feel like you should post on the subject? Posting about hear say and what you've heard through the grape vine doesn't help someone asking a mechanical question and asking for mechanical advice on his/her motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If you aren't that familiar then why do you feel like you should post on the subject? Posting about hear say and what you've heard through the grape vine doesn't help someone asking a mechanical question and asking for mechanical advice on his/her motorcycle.
i don't know if your just playn or not so....

dude leave the drama at home. i told the guy what my experience was so he knows to look into it more. i also said other who know more (bike shops) would give more info soon. i believe XC performance, Chicago Performance is on this board are they no? who i heard it from I TRUST so i don't mined relaying the info. y bash on some one trying to help out? there is no need for bashing ANY members for giving there :2cents: is this no longer a free country? can people no longer talk to each other??

:2cents: there is no need to start drama with some one that has good intentions:2cents:

·
DONATING MEMBER
24,867 Posts
i don't know if your just playn or not so....

dude leave the drama at home. i told the guy what my experience was so he knows to look into it more. i also said other who know more (bike shops) would give more info soon. i believe XC performance, Chicago Performance is on this board are they no? who i heard it from I TRUST so i don't mined relaying the info. y bash on some one trying to help out? there is no need for bashing ANY members for giving there :2cents: is this no longer a free country? can people no longer talk to each other??

:2cents: there is no need to start drama with some one that has good intentions:2cents:
Hell yeah we are. Already talked to Oliver about it. Thanks for the vote of confidence. :cheers:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Undercutting is complicated, and, done incorrectly, makes stuff garbage. R&D is recognized as pretty much the leader in stuff like this.

Their info is in the thread. My new H1 trans will go there when I get it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.