Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I build stuff
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not trying to start any debates, just throwing this out there.

For those of you that dont know who this guy is, im helping spread the word. I like his ideas. Check him out, watch his videos, His message is clear !

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

·
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin
8,791 Posts
Paul is a great guy though he will never make it.

Except for that pesky pro-life stance.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Paul is a great guy though he will never make it.

Except for that pesky pro-life stance.
If he is a libertarian and for less gov't control, why does he care?

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
He isn't a libertarian. He is a "constitutional" Republican.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Why must we have so many labels cant we all just get along? :laughing

Oh ya.... Thompson '08

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Well the current one sure can't read his prepared lines... Must make Cheney nutzo when he tries to wing it.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
I will say this.. Ron Paul is the first politician I have ever given a dime to.
I wish people would stop just saying "i know he can't win... so why bother.. lets all get behind (insert choice made for you)....
The guy speaks well... Is able to speak to anyone on any issue...
And is serving an authority he see's higher than himself (no not God, although I am sure that is in there...) - He is out there trying to defend "that goddamned piece of paper"

Regarding the abortion..
Yeah.. I suppose he has some flaws (anti public school.. etc)
Even in those cases.. It's not that he wants to overrule it.. He says it isn't the fed govts business to get involved.. Leave it to the states..
Although I imagine you could understand how an Obstetrician who has delivered over 5k babies may be anti abortion... (again, he isn't out to ban it.. just says it isn't the fed govts job to force the issue) - I would think that almost all states (ok.. except for a few in the south) would allow it.. and those that wouldn't would probably notice people leaving preggo and coming back not so preggo...)

He also states that the goverment isn't very good at teaching morals.. That the church is better...
Hmm... I am not very religious at all...
That said.. He is right.
I think we at home could teach our kids better..
but Govt vs Church..
I think when it comes to morals.. The Church does have a better track record... (not perfect.. but better)

There was a very early grassroots campaign to get his name out.. It was writing "who is Ron Paul" on dollar bills...I bought some custom stamps that say "Who is Ron Paul" and have stamps thousands of bills... I sold the extra 10 of them on ebay for cost and donated all of the money to Ron Paul as well...

Just out of curiosity.. Has anyone seen any of those bills? I wonder where they have all gone...

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
Church having a better moral record? :laughing That's a good one!
I am totally with you that there have been hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of examples of church having a pretty evil moral compass...
It is an organization run by man, inclusive of all the evils that men do.

That said... Government (and not just US govt..) I think is worse...
Remember
A: We are speaking of "teaching morals"
B: Church doesn't waterboard *anymore* (or abuse children while their parents watch... to get them to talk)
C: While "the church" may have done this stuff before.. We are doing it now.
D: Church has a "higher authority" to hold over people than govt does... Big brother might not know when you are sleeping and know when you are awake.. Bet your ass Santa and Jesus do :)

·
Boom
13,320 Posts
The difference is, the government (and not just US govt) wasn't meant as a moral compass. Whilst church (or religion in general) was. Apples to oranges really.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
BWA...
I agree with you...
I would say. Given a choice.. I think morals should be taught in the home.. I think people should just *have* them... I can't remember anyone ever teaching me my morals.. But I know I have them (some may beg to differ.. but.. well f*ck them!) :) LOL

Here is a video of them purposely not showing his supporters...
In any case..
The media does not want RP to win...
If for no other reason I take that as a reason to make sure I tell everyone I know about him.. and everyone says the same thing "to good to be true" or "if he won, they would have him killed"

I just saw an old message a friend of mine sent me on myspace back in July...
Thought it fit pretty well here...
So here goes - i'll paste the whole thing in.. so nobody can question context.. :)

Date: Jul 1, 2007 9:09 AM Flag as Spam or Report Abuse [ ? ]
Subject: RE: RE: THIS BULLSHIT HAS TO STOP!
Body: everything I've seen about this Ron Paul character seems to be the best thing since Reagan, but that tells me one of three things: 1: He's completely full of shit, and it's just a plot to drum up support, 2: He's on the level and the behemoth political machine will NEVER let him be elected, or 3: He's for real, manages to get elected, and then Congress still runs the fukkin show...
so pretty much any way it goes we're still screwed.
It doesn't matter who gets elected, they're all schmucks... more interested in personal gain than anything to do with actually trying to improve the government. It's getting to the point where the only thing that has any hope of saving this country is another frikkin revolution.

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: 29 Jun 2007, 14:01

two words
ron to the motherfuckin paul
:)

----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------
Date: Jun 29, 2007 9:54 AM

Here's the voting record of our lovely elected officials in the Senate on the Immigration/Amnesty fiasco...

http://butthatsjustmyopinion.blogspot.com/2006/05/amnesty-vo
te.html

It's completely disgusting... by every polling source, 70% to 80% of the American people oppose this bill, yet our elected officials apparently know what we want better than we do and voted for this piece of trash ammendment.

I implore everyone who reads this to contact your House representative and tell them you oppose this immigration/amnesty (translation: invasion) bill.
You can contact your Rep here:
http://www.house.gov/

Tell them you will not support any candidate who doesn't support your views and opinions... after all, that's what they're supposed to exist for in the first place.
Let 'em know what the people want, unless of course for some completely insane reason you actually support this bill, then simply just don't speak to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts