Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're going to starved rock. Meeting places are:

Fizolies in Valpo at 12:30-12:45.(for the indiana ppl)

Mcdonalds in chicago heights 1:30 - 1:45ish

I-55 and Weber at the Gas City gas station and i'm not sure how long it will take us to get there :confused So someone who knows can post that :laughing

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Should be a nice turnout for this one. ;) :D :D :D

You guys probably won't be at the Gas City till around 2:30pm. I'll be there waiting and we can get the kickstands up shortly after you arrive.:D :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All i know is that we had so better have nice weather on sunday and i see me being really sore after this :laughing

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Crazy said:
Should be a nice turnout for this one. ;) :D :D :D

You guys probably won't be at the Gas City till around 2:30pm. I'll be there waiting and we can get the kickstands up shortly after you arrive.:D :D
I'd say 230 sounds about accurate. I'll be there at Gas City.

Rachael I'm gonna go directly there. It's easier for me since Chicago Heights (streets only) is 1.5 hours.

Can't wait. I haven't been to starved rock since last year and even then I didn't get to ride my bike there. :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BABETTE said:

I'd say 230 sounds about accurate. I'll be there at Gas City.

Rachael I'm gonna go directly there. It's easier for me since Chicago Heights (streets only) is 1.5 hours.

Can't wait. I haven't been to starved rock since last year and even then I didn't get to ride my bike there. :p
Hmmm i wonder if we could just skip the chicago heights meet and just meet at Gas City? Can you just take 80 to 55? (the toll road will suck)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Okay anybody know why the other tread got closed?

And Crazy your plan sounds like a good idea to me hombre. :D

Deuce

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Deuce said:
Okay anybody know why the other tread got closed?

It would probably get confusing with Two threads going anyway

See you out here Duece:D Starved Rock is some of Illinois best roads, unfortuately you picked a bad time to come out. All the Farmers are out with their tractors right now spewing gravel on the roads so we'll have to be careful out there. I've been to Colorado twice and absolutely love it. Maybe we should come out by you.:laughing :laughing :laughing

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Rachael927 said:
Hmmm i wonder if we could just skip the chicago heights meet and just meet at Gas City? Can you just take 80 to 55? (the toll road will suck)
I'd say skip the Mc'D's meeting point. For me I can just take 355 to 55 and be there in no time....but streets to chicago heights suck :( For you well if you can get to 294 to 55....but I don't know if 80/90 hits 55 or not. I tried checking on the map program but I couldn't find it. :rolleyes

you can take 355 to 55 from chicago heights though :laughing that I saw. :D (I know that's not helpful though)

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
BABETTE said:

but I don't know if 80/90 hits 55 or not. I tried checking on the map program but I couldn't find it. :rolleyes

(I know that's not helpful though)

80 runs into 55 but further south in Joliet. You just have to get on 55 going toward the city for 5-10 minutes to come back to Weber road.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
sorry im at work, i locked the other thread because you started a new one about the same thing. I will ask that we keep this thread on topic so rachel nows who is going.
thank you
Jim

·
Registered
64 Posts
Crazy said:

80 runs into 55 but further south in Joliet. You just have to get on 55 going toward the city for 5-10 minutes to come back to Weber road.

The problem with 80 though is the tolls. Not everone can or has easy access to change to pay tolls while on the bike.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Cruizer said:

The problem with 80 though is the tolls. Not everone can or has easy access to change to pay tolls while on the bike.
[/QUOTE

You guys can always take route 30 all the way to Weber but that will take you forever. I didn't think there were tolls on 80 between the heights and 55. I could be wrong though. It's been a while.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Crazy said:
Cruizer said:

[/QUOTE

You guys can always take route 30 all the way to Weber but that will take you forever. I didn't think there were tolls on 80 between the heights and 55. I could be wrong though. It's been a while.
There is one or 2 tolls that i know of and yeah that'll suck. Depending on how many come the person in the front can pay for everyone all at once. We've done that before.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cruizer said:

:eek:t About time you finally posted on here :laughing

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
If you guys take 80 to 294 that runs up to 55 I believe? Maybe take that? I don't know about the tolls but maybe if some of you Indy people had tankbags your problems would be solved. :laughing :laughing

Rachael927 said:
:eek:t About time you finally posted on here :laughing
geez rach you bastardize your own thread :laughing

·
Registered
264 Posts
Rachael927 said:
We're going to starved rock. Meeting places are:

I-55 and Weber at the Gas City gas station and i'm not sure how long it will take us to get there :confused So someone who knows can post that :laughing
I might be up for this, let me try and get off of work.:-
I'll keep you posted.

vince

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BABETTE said:
If you guys take 80 to 294 that runs up to 55 I believe? Maybe take that? I don't know about the tolls but maybe if some of you Indy people had tankbags your problems would be solved. :laughing :laughing

geez rach you bastardize your own thread :laughing
I can probably handle the tolls being a passanger and all. Um and find out if we can take that :laughing

hey i wasn't trying to but i had to say something :laughing

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Rachael927 said:

I can probably handle the tolls being a passanger and all. Um and find out if we can take that :laughing

hey i wasn't trying to but i had to say something :laughing
You can take 294 to 55 as well. althoug from the heights its way out of the way. You'll need to go way North on 294 to about 55th street and then cruise down 55 to weber Which is about, I'd say 123rd street equivilant(sp?)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Crazy said:

You can take 294 to 55 as well. althoug from the heights its way out of the way. You'll need to go way North on 294 to about 55th street and then cruise down 55 to weber Which is about, I'd say 123rd street equivilant(sp?)
Well at this point we're not going to the heights so take that out of the equation we're going to take 80/94 and then 80 when they split off. so tell me where to go from there :laughing

1 - 20 of 128 Posts