Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,
I will be back riding on the road some and was wondering what people are wearing and happy with for upper protection.
jacket/leather/mesh

Thanks for the help
qanik

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Well I usually wear 16th century suit of armor combined with a nice chain mail shirt from Angus the blacksmith.

:D :D

LOL, I usualy am waering my leather or my pheonix depending on tempurature.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
i got a phoenix for warm days and a first gear cord for colder weather. i dont know how much i trust the phoenix, but the first gear is top notch!
so what will you be riding?;)

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
exactly what these guys said bro...basicly anything is better then going naked. i usually wear my 1st racer leather jacket with body armor when its below 65 degress till about -20 below 0 (nope not kidding) then a phenox jacket in the summer.

and yeah i go squid some times with just a tee-shirt;)

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Standard gear is a JR Balistic Jacket and cold days/fast paced long rides/ or track days gets the JR High Side full leathers.

·
3,613 Posts
All I've ever worn is a JR Reactor jacket and it's great for summer, but when the temperature gets a bit cooler, I'd definitely be all for some leather.

·
M109R
562 Posts
i have a tanktop, spandex shorts and nike flipflops:rolleyes

j/k
I wear a helmet always and a zero60 red mesh jacket w/ jeans sometimes gymshoes sometimes boots

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
JR Meteor textile jacket for spring/summer/fall.

colder fall/winter days I've got a Hein Gericke stealth pilot leather jacket

...and the latest addition is a Knox back protector from our group buy

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
For the warm days, i wear the Joe Rocket mesh jacket. frankly, i don't like the jacket at all. i don't feel like it would give me adequate protection if something was to happen.
My other jacket is an AlpineStars leather one. I love that jacket. it has a perfect fit, all the padding, and it looks bad ass!

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I'm just like everybody else here. Phoenix jacket, gloves, boots, helmet and back protector for the summer. I've got a JR Blaster two piece that's good for the cooler/long distance stuff. I can use the leathers until 45 or so degrees with no problems.

The blaster stuff is good for the street but I don't forsee using it too much longer on the track. No knee pucks and kind of hard to move in, especially with the hip/butt protection in. Not that I use knee pucks on the track!

Chris

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Pretty much more of the same:

Warm days not serious riding:
Lid
Phoenix Jacket
Knox race spine protector
gloves
TourMaster ballistic pants
AGV 580 boots

Cool days:
Trade the Phoenix for JR Highside Leather Jacket.

Track:
Add the JR Highside Leather pants
AGV RR boots.

See ya

·
Registered
266 Posts
Tekhnic

I got Teknic plain black leather with body armor. It is too hot for the prime summer riding season above 80 degrees. It is perfect for spring and fall. I have had it for two years and the quality is exceptional.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I wear Vanson fully perforated Jacket when it's hot with JR balistic pants and a solid Vanson jacket with Vanson pants when it's cool. If it's really cold I wear a balistic Teknic jacket over my Vanson jacket. I also wear a Syed one piece.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Upper protection.

Well I guess I'll have to post pics like Vivid. I just picked up a Joe Rocket Reactor light jacket for the hot days. I still love the Vanson though. For the track I have a Teknic Violator with a few lowsides on it :) One of the best suits I've owned. I need to update it badly but since I'm not racing anymore I guess it's good for the occasional track day. I use Arai Helmets they fit well and take a beating. I have a Quantam F Okada, a Quantam F in solid blue, just picked up a Rx-7RR Replica and just ordered a the New Quantam F Re-Entry Flame.

Oh Yeah, I also have a open face nolan when I feel like wearing my Billy Bob teeth and crazy glasses:laughing You'll see a picture of that for sure.:laughing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts