Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cruising through life
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a fair price for a private patry sale of a mint bone stock '05 Busa with 3100 "adult driven" miles?

·
Mile Muncher
1,023 Posts
KB Book has it listed under retail for $8185.00. Is it a Limited Edition or standard? It's not going to make that much of a difference.

·
Cruising through life
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i found the kbb and nada prices last night... was wondering what you all would offer

·
Enjoying Life!!
17,771 Posts
I usually start in the middle of trade and retail and then go from there.

·
VTwin FTW!
5,564 Posts
The bike is almost 3 years old so I wouldn't pay more than $7600-$7900.00 for it. Retail pricing is what a dealer would charge you. They have overhead and prep to pay for, a private party doesn't.

·
^That's me
1,514 Posts
The prices I have posted are what the dealer would ask for. They are always really high. ChicagoFactory hit on why.

·
im the greek guy
2,407 Posts
yea.. adult driven miles doesnt mean shit, just like when people say xxxx miles "mostly highway"... we all know what chicagos highways look like in traffic nowadays

and dont buy used from dealer

·
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
11,409 Posts
yea.. adult driven miles doesnt mean shit, just like when people say xxxx miles "mostly highway"... we all know what chicagos highways look like in traffic nowadays

and dont buy used from dealer

Agreed 100%

Offer $7200, the riding season is over and it's a Busa, that's two strikes already. Not to mention the fact that it was just restyled too so it's gonna look outdated first model year being 1999 and all.

My :2cents:

·
^That's me
1,514 Posts
Agreed 100%

Offer $7200, the riding season is over and it's a Busa, that's two strikes already. Not to mention the fact that it was just restyled too so it's gonna look outdated first model year being 1999 and all.

My :2cents:
Good points!

·
Every motor needs a turbo
3,277 Posts
i agree with everyone. but for some reason it seems like busa's really hold their value...just what ive seen. it will be interesting to see how the new styling change effects the older ones.

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
$7500

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ha, I just bought an 03 Silver/Black Busa with 6k miles on it for 5,000 from a private party. The needed money like a month ago though. Clear title and all, though!!!! I think I stole it!!!!
I was looking at almost the exact same one at a dealer (same miles and year) for $7k +tx and everything. The guy was pissed when he called me afterwards!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts