Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering selling my CBR.

I noticed that the price for my bike has been consistently around $6k for the past two years according to KBB and Nada.

Any thoughts?

· Pierced & tattooed freak!
3,044 Posts
I'd never sell a bike. I'd ride it until it quits beyond repair, crashes, or gets stolen. You'll never make the $$$ back that you paid for it, so it doesn't seem worth considering.

· Midnight Rider
3,859 Posts
No major changes have happened to bikes in the last 4 years, but new prices have gone up. So people are willing to pay a bit more for a used bike. Also, Craigslist prices are bogus. Sellers just list way high and buyers lowball way low. So you meet in the middle and everyone is happy.

· Registered
5,811 Posts
Used car market went up too. Over the last 2 or 3 years auto and bike makers really pulled back production so there were less new cars and bikes made/sold. Of course there are some exceptions, the Euro bike brands especially Triumph had record years but overall new bike production was down. So yes used bikes benefited from this. Like others said, only worth what someone is willing to pay. bikes are a funny market too, people need a car but a bike is typically considered a toy or extra that recreational funds are for.

· Registered
778 Posts
Pick up an R6 either now to December and wait until April to sell your CBR.

You'll get a better deal on the new bike and a better price on the old bike

Win/Win

If you have a seller for $6k though, I'd take it. Last I remember yours is an 06, which next year will be 7 years old

· Cuddlie as a koala
7,479 Posts
Used cars are high because of the cash for clunkers crap. Took a lot of perfectly viable used cars off the market which now left us with very high used prices and junk cars for sale.

· Imperator
143 Posts
I never lose much money on a used bike (which is why I've had 7 of them) I buy them, take care of them of course, use them a season or two and then sell them for miinimal loss. The trick is to know when to sell and when to buy.

I hope you're not that rude ass guy selling the red cbr on craigslist hoping to trade it for something else. I didnt even contact that guy when I was looking for my CBR1K due to his post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.