Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started all the Busas yesterday and warmed up the motors and a short spin around the block.

The '02 Busa seemed to have an uncomfortably loud knocking sound coming from the engine. It sounded like valve clatter but seemed louder than expected. It did seem to decrease after running the motor a few minutes.

It ran fine the last time I rode it so I'm hoping it was just complaining about the cold and not being run for couple of weeks.

I think it's probably normal but was wondering what others think, especially other Busa owners.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
How long had it been sitting? It might be your cam chain tensioner sticking.

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Dave.

Sounds like it was just because the oil drained out of the head. It is normal sometimes after any motor has been sitting for a while to have valve racket. Since it went away quickly, I really wouldnt worry. If it kept going after a minute or two, I;d be looking into it more though.

·
Registered
512 Posts
KBOlsen said:
How long had it been sitting? It might be your cam chain tensioner sticking.
:eek:t
Man, I love it when a girl knows what she's talking about with mechanics, or electronics/computers. Is there a farm somewhere with other girls like you? .....I'll go back and hide now.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'll go further and say that the cam chain tensioner is bad. The Suzuki in-line fours seem to be known for that lately. We replaced mine with a manual one, and all the other guys racing did too, or they had to rebuild their motor.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I can only take a small portion of the credit for this one... I went to my "source" (John).

:helmet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts