Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the guys on another board was just bragging about HP, weight and other items on his new 97' GSXR-750. Wondering what they are really. Not going to call him out on it, just curious since they seem a little better than they should.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
I would have to reference a back issue of superbike or someting for the exact numbers but I can tell you this:

moto178(97 gixxer 750) had a full yosh system, k&n air filter, jet kit, and DYNO TUNED at 4&6 and I believe his peak power 119hp. I think a stock bike of this vintage put down something like 110hp. I have seen 98-99 gixxer 750's pull a bit larger numbers but those years had fuel injection and other minor changes too.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
bear in mind the numbers I have listed are rwhp numbers, not manufacturer at the crank ratings.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
lovebothkats said:
Thanks, guess he wasn't smoking crack then. :laughing
the original '96 SRAD Gixxer750 is considered one of the badboys of the sportbike market. Lightweight and big horsepower numbers. Also in this category of "badboy" bikes would be the original 900rr, another bike that redefined the market as far as weight and power. While these bikes are a bit heavier and a bit down on power by todays standards they were revolutionary at the time, and are still good performers today.

·
Moderator,
2,978 Posts
Hey Dave, I got the DYNO sheets to prove that bikes bad-assness. Not sure who you were talking to at Gixxer.com, but I do know that "FastAssGixxer" is running the exact same setup on his bike as I was on my 97 SRAD.

Full Yosh, K&N, Dynojet Stage1, dynotuned to 119.3HP, and thats an old Yosh system not even the newer RS-3.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
just follow my around the track and i can show you how much power it has!!!:D

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JimGoFast said:
just follow my around the track and i can show you how much power it has!!!:D
I can't follow you, you're one group up from me and probably soon to be two groups up :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts