·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
id like to learn

ive accepted there is no sex in the future, might as well enjoy myself

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
lol I dont get around to playing much. Actually not at all. But I still paint. Just finished off a large Space Wolf Army and need to get started on mine. I used to paint professionally. THen the kids came and time goes quick.

·
Registered
93 Posts
if you burn it for me ill play, always saw it at best buy but spent my money on 360 games instead

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol I dont get around to playing much. Actually not at all. But I still paint. Just finished off a large Space Wolf Army and need to get started on mine. I used to paint professionally. THen the kids came and time goes quick.
Cool. Any tips on painting? I just started, have not played a game. Just finished assembling my first squad of Space Marines.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
is this a book series too? i cant make heads or tails of that series, seems like multiple authors. where does it start, where does it end?

·
Facilitator
391 Posts
the video game rocks, can't wait to try the mmo

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is this a book series too? i cant make heads or tails of that series, seems like multiple authors. where does it start, where does it end?
Yes there are lots of WH40k books. I haven't read any of them but some people think they are very interesting.

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
you know what game i secretly long for but had to give up cause people i knew quit playing?

Magic The Gathering

i dont give a shit what anyone says, nerd or no nerd that is hands down the best card game ever

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
No not like DnD its a table top wargaming system. There are books from Black Library providing fluff based around the theme of the game but its all fiction. There are a couple PC games based on it as well Dawn of War rocks. Its along the lines of Command and Conquer or Starcraft style game play.

The mini's have gotten much more detailed than the old DnD Ral Partha stuff you used to be able to get. Games Workshop has really gotten their act together on that aspect.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Cool. Any tips on painting? I just started, have not played a game. Just finished assembling my first squad of Space Marines.
Just starting. Here are a few tips then.

1. Assemble your mini without compromising the details to paint. Example, dont glue on the guns if they will sover the shest. Leave off till you have that painted.

2. Prep work is important. Clean off all the mold lines and make sure the parts fit together. The metal minis are a little harder than the plastic.

3. Prime in black. Always prime. You will avoid paint chipping later on in game play. I use black because white primer always has a way to show off spots you might miss. Generally in corners. Black just blends in with the shadows.

4. Start with the skin and work out in layers. Using the Marines as an example, paint the flesh, then the joints betweek the armor plates, then the armor, then weapons and accessories.

5. Use inks. Inks are a type of paint that is extreemly diluted and is used to accent the piece. Generally used to creat shadows.

6. ALWAYS paint the eyes. If you do not it is a lifeless piece of plastic. They are pretty easy to do with a little practice. Do not do the typical white eye with a black dot. They will look bug eyed. Paint black the entire eye. Then carefully with a very fine brush, apply an off white dot to the right and left of the eye. This creates a pupil and some black trim and is much more realistic.

7. Work on nice clean lines. By this I mean the seam between 2 colors. Do not drift the armor color over onto the flesh.

8. Seal your mini. I use Testors Dull Coat when I am done painting. This gets rid of any unnatural gloss and protects the paint job from chipping.

I could go on for days. :)

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
There are books from Black Library providing fluff based around the theme of the game but its all fiction.
haha, clearly it's fiction. I didnt think any of them were nonfiction or historical accounts of future wars. I just want to figure out where to start as I hear they're pretty good.

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
so whose going to setup a battlefield in their basement/garage with a cooler full of beers?

·
I wok!
3,079 Posts
you know what game i secretly long for but had to give up cause people i knew quit playing?

Magic The Gathering

i dont give a shit what anyone says, nerd or no nerd that is hands down the best card game ever
balck and white deck!

nightmare ftw!

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
balck and white deck!

nightmare ftw!
werd, blue and black is pretty lethal too. never got into expansions n shit, i was all about straight up editions, i think i was playing 6th. its up to 9 now. i might get back into it

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
haha since when do nerds get to call other people nerds

·
I wok!
3,079 Posts
werd, blue and black is pretty lethal too. never got into expansions n shit, i was all about straight up editions, i think i was playing 6th. its up to 9 now. i might get back into it
haha i think all my cards are 4th edition only. i stopped when wizards of the coast branched off to editions and crap. too much to follow and milk my money

1 - 20 of 32 Posts