Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok since its tues and nobody has posted about this friday....Where we going?

Flatlanders?
Halfday Inn?
That burrito joint? that Kim went to?

12:15 as usual?

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Got Friday on yer mind already? :laughing

The burrito place is on Route 60, one light east of U.S. 45, on the west end of a strip center on the north side of the street. Ron knows it's name. No waitresses, but the price is right!

Mmmm.... Horchata and chicken quesadillas with guacamole!
Can we go now????

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
I think you are thinking of Taco Boy, Kim. But its on the North West side of 60&45 over by Cub Foods.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
there's a burrito place over there too? That makes 3 burrito places in a couple miles of work..

El Famous (greasy and big)
Chipotle (favorite, but gets super busy)
This other one.

I could seriously go for a chinese buffet.. :)
There's one off 45 and 60, just west of the liquor store on 60.

but that area is kind of a haul for Kim. Flatlander's would be good.

Chris

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
El Famous -- that's it! Chinese buffet sounds good too.

Chris - this is my lucky week... am taking Friday afternoon off so it doesn't matter where we go (as long as I can get to Milwaukee before rush hour)

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I'm heading to Milwaukee this weekend too. I have to cage it though, since I have to dress up for a wedding. The shifter would scuff my shoes you know. I'll probably have to wait until 4 pm to leave work though, I'm low on vacation. :( Which will put my smack dab in the middle of Milwaukee traffic.

Heading downtown Kim? There's a good chance I'll be at the Safehouse on Friday night. Or Brady street at the cool martini bar :cheers

El Famous is a lot further down 60 than one light. It's actually closer to 21.

Chris

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Umm Chris, ever notice the large Hispanic population in Mundelein. :D we got lots of Taco joints over here. Here is a few off the top of my head.

El Famous
Taco Boy
Taco's El Norte
El Burrito
Taco's El Ray
Tacos Michoacan
Chipotle

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Chris, you'll have to have one for me!

I'm heading to West Allis to pick up my leathers from Alexa.:cheers

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so which is going to be:confused :confused

sopunds like we got a vote for El Famouse.....but isn't that near dundee rd? which puts Champ out. Flatlanders is fine...but I love a good burrito as big as my head!!!!!

you guys seem to know those joints better than I so just let me know before friday :thumbsup :thumbsup

MMMMMM steak burrito:cheers

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
El Famous is all over da place - there's one in Wheeling, one in Waukegan... and 3 or 4 others.

And one in Mundelein (or is it Vermin Hills?)... on Route 60. Burritos big as your head!

Kind of reminds me of 'back in the day... when we'd hit El Presidente on Ashland Ave at 6 a.m. after shutting down the bar!

G

·
I do believe that el famous says Foot ball sized Burritos.. and its a couple blocks down 60 frpom 21...

I am game to go anywhere.. I work nights..

Kim.. your leathers all fixed and ready for next track day eh.. what about the TLR???

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm thinking of a place from my college days that advertised "burritos as big as your Head" yet the name slips me. anyone who went to siu or isu or U of I should know the place:cheers

G

·
ahhhh I am an unedumakated kinda guy.. I went to school of hard Knocks Navy..

But who cares as long as the foods good..

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
SFD18 said:
I'm thinking of a place from my college days that advertised "burritos as big as your Head" yet the name slips me. anyone who went to siu or isu or U of I should know the place:cheers
I thought that place was called

Burritos as big as your head.

Will try to confirm with Lupi. He went to ISU.

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
DUH.....here you go!!

SFD18 said:
anyone who went to siu or isu or U of I should know the place:cheers
LaBambas is the name that you are looking for, and yes it was "Burritos as big as your head!" And man they weren't lying. Great one stop shop @ 2am whe they closed all the abrs down!
Ciao,
Lupi

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Kim.. your leathers all fixed and ready for next track day eh.. what about the TLR???
John started prepping the bodywork for repair last night... I managed to rip all 3 sections, and there are some pretty good holes, too! I think he's gonna have it all done by Friday night, just in case I find a way to make G-man happen.

·
3,613 Posts
SFD18 said:
anyone who went to siu or isu or U of I should know the place
Hey wait a minute! I'm pretty sure I've seen that advertised at the place down at U of I. I'll have to try one next time I'm down there.

Anyway though, Ron's right.. where's lunch at for sure? Or, uh, if you're not telling him, just PM me, ok? :D :twofinger

G

·
Anyway though, Ron's right.. where's lunch at for sure? Or, uh, if you're not telling him, just PM me, ok?

farking Poser Maks.. ya sure ya gonna show this time???

·
3,613 Posts
gulpacoke said:
farking Poser Maks.. ya sure ya gonna show this time???
Ow. You're gonna make me cry with all these insults dude. :( :twofinger Can't say I'm absolutely positively sure I'll be there this Friday, but I always like to try. I don't have anything else I have to get done this time, so I should be able to make it. :)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts