Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Weekly NW Sub Lunch Fri 8/23

1K views 63 replies 10 participants last post by  gulpacoke 
#1 ·
Ok since its tues and nobody has posted about this friday....Where we going?

Flatlanders?
Halfday Inn?
That burrito joint? that Kim went to?

12:15 as usual?

#2 ·
Got Friday on yer mind already? :laughing

The burrito place is on Route 60, one light east of U.S. 45, on the west end of a strip center on the north side of the street. Ron knows it's name. No waitresses, but the price is right!

Mmmm.... Horchata and chicken quesadillas with guacamole!
Can we go now????

#4 ·
there's a burrito place over there too? That makes 3 burrito places in a couple miles of work..

El Famous (greasy and big)
Chipotle (favorite, but gets super busy)
This other one.

I could seriously go for a chinese buffet.. :)
There's one off 45 and 60, just west of the liquor store on 60.

but that area is kind of a haul for Kim. Flatlander's would be good.

Chris

#5 ·
El Famous -- that's it! Chinese buffet sounds good too.

Chris - this is my lucky week... am taking Friday afternoon off so it doesn't matter where we go (as long as I can get to Milwaukee before rush hour)

#6 ·
I'm heading to Milwaukee this weekend too. I have to cage it though, since I have to dress up for a wedding. The shifter would scuff my shoes you know. I'll probably have to wait until 4 pm to leave work though, I'm low on vacation. :( Which will put my smack dab in the middle of Milwaukee traffic.

Heading downtown Kim? There's a good chance I'll be at the Safehouse on Friday night. Or Brady street at the cool martini bar :cheers

El Famous is a lot further down 60 than one light. It's actually closer to 21.

Chris

#7 ·
Umm Chris, ever notice the large Hispanic population in Mundelein. :D we got lots of Taco joints over here. Here is a few off the top of my head.

El Famous
Taco Boy
Taco's El Norte
El Burrito
Taco's El Ray
Tacos Michoacan
Chipotle

#9 ·
so which is going to be:confused :confused

sopunds like we got a vote for El Famouse.....but isn't that near dundee rd? which puts Champ out. Flatlanders is fine...but I love a good burrito as big as my head!!!!!

you guys seem to know those joints better than I so just let me know before friday :thumbsup :thumbsup

MMMMMM steak burrito:cheers

#10 ·
El Famous is all over da place - there's one in Wheeling, one in Waukegan... and 3 or 4 others.

And one in Mundelein (or is it Vermin Hills?)... on Route 60. Burritos big as your head!

Kind of reminds me of 'back in the day... when we'd hit El Presidente on Ashland Ave at 6 a.m. after shutting down the bar!

G
#11 ·
I do believe that el famous says Foot ball sized Burritos.. and its a couple blocks down 60 frpom 21...

I am game to go anywhere.. I work nights..

Kim.. your leathers all fixed and ready for next track day eh.. what about the TLR???

#12 ·
I'm thinking of a place from my college days that advertised "burritos as big as your Head" yet the name slips me. anyone who went to siu or isu or U of I should know the place:cheers

#14 ·
SFD18 said:
I'm thinking of a place from my college days that advertised "burritos as big as your Head" yet the name slips me. anyone who went to siu or isu or U of I should know the place:cheers
I thought that place was called

Burritos as big as your head.

Will try to confirm with Lupi. He went to ISU.

#16 ·
Kim.. your leathers all fixed and ready for next track day eh.. what about the TLR???
John started prepping the bodywork for repair last night... I managed to rip all 3 sections, and there are some pretty good holes, too! I think he's gonna have it all done by Friday night, just in case I find a way to make G-man happen.

#18 ·
SFD18 said:
anyone who went to siu or isu or U of I should know the place
Hey wait a minute! I'm pretty sure I've seen that advertised at the place down at U of I. I'll have to try one next time I'm down there.

Anyway though, Ron's right.. where's lunch at for sure? Or, uh, if you're not telling him, just PM me, ok? :D :twofinger

G
#19 ·
Anyway though, Ron's right.. where's lunch at for sure? Or, uh, if you're not telling him, just PM me, ok?

farking Poser Maks.. ya sure ya gonna show this time???

#20 ·
gulpacoke said:
farking Poser Maks.. ya sure ya gonna show this time???
Ow. You're gonna make me cry with all these insults dude. :( :twofinger Can't say I'm absolutely positively sure I'll be there this Friday, but I always like to try. I don't have anything else I have to get done this time, so I should be able to make it. :)

#21 ·
KBOlsen said:
El Famous is all over da place - there's one in Wheeling, one in Waukegan... and 3 or 4 others.

And one in Mundelein (or is it Vermin Hills?)... on Route 60. Burritos big as your head!

Kind of reminds me of 'back in the day... when we'd hit El Presidente on Ashland Ave at 6 a.m. after shutting down the bar!
:eek:t I couldn't help but quote on late nights at El Presidente. Coming from the Dbl Dr, or that 70's lookin place. El Presidente was like a beacon on the way home, you just couldn't pass it up. Ahh the good ol' days!!

On topic, I may try to tag along on this one, I work in Hoffman Est so it isn't terribly far to some of these places.

#23 ·
And the winner is...

El Famous on Route 60 in Vermin Hills! Located on the west end of a strip mall somewhere between 21 and 45 on the north side of the street (west of Hawthorn).

No waitresses, but Pete will be able to come/go in an hour. Plus it's cheap. And good!

I've got a feeling this place fills up at lunchtime, so if someone has the flexibility to get there a little early and commandeer a table for 6-8 people, we'll be in good shape.

See you at 12:15 on Friday!!! WOOHOO!!

#24 ·
I'll try to get there a bit early. It may take Kim a bit longer. Is Ernie making this one? Favordnation, unless you work for Ameritech you won't be have a long enough lunch to get to vernon hills from Hoffman Estates and back in a lunch period.

Don't eat any breakfast snacks folks! I'm going with the 'junior' burrito. It's still huge.

Chris

#25 ·
Re: DUH.....here you go!!

Lupi said:

LaBambas is the name that you are looking for, and yes it was "Burritos as big as your head!" And man they weren't lying. Great one stop shop @ 2am whe they closed all the abrs down!
Ciao,
Lupi
Yep thats it!!!!!!:cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.