Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a great season. I loved every minute being out there watching and riding. Goal for next year is to do more riding than spectating!

See you all next year!
Ciao,
Lupi

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
cant wait for spring.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Winter is fun too. Gives you time to work on improving the bike.:cheers

·
Registered
916 Posts
I dunno.... I've been kicking around the idea of a mid-winter run down south. It would be a chance to blow the cob-webs off and shakedown the changes I've made to the bike.

Bargy is runny some trackdays at Talledega mid December :evil :evil ????

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
(clapping my hands over my ears) LALALALALA.... I can't hear what you're saying.... LALALALALALAAAAA!!!

Noooo pleeeeease.... let my check book have a couple of months to recoverrrrr.....
:laughing

·
Registered
916 Posts
KBOlsen said:
(clapping my hands over my ears) LALALALALA.... I can't hear what you're saying.... LALALALALALAAAAA!!!

Noooo pleeeeease.... let my check book have a couple of months to recoverrrrr.....
:laughing

I know....it was an evil thought. I could have been REALLY bad and posted about the Dec/Jan/Feb trackdays I've seen for the South of France and South Africa... THAT would be REALLY hard on the checkbook. :rolleyes where is my winning lotto ticket when I need it!!!!!:mad I also saw something about Bayliss offering private instruction at Phillip Island:evil :D :D

Seriously though Talledaga is only about 10-12hrs away( and half of that could be spent singing "SWEET HOME ALABAMA" on the way!!!).... If my bike is back in one piece anytime soon I may investigate further.

In Jan/Feb/March some CLSB yankee's cross the Mason-Dixon line for some un-civil warfare!!!!????

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I'll be crossin' it in March to ride Daytona!:helmet

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
:rofl You DO have a sense of HUMOR!!! Depending on the schedule, I want to do the Hammer track day.

·
Registered
916 Posts
KBOlsen said:
:rofl You DO have a sense of HUMOR!!! Depending on the schedule, I want to do the Hammer track day.
You had me wondering there:rolleyes :evil I was picturing B.Boz ripping around the outside of the Tiller on the banking....:rofl

The Team Hammer thing would be cool, although I've heard it's much more of a "Chris Ulrich practice day" than a school. Hell it would be sweet to ride that track though...and one day make the grid for the 200!!!!:thumbsup :cheers we all have to have dreams right?:cheers

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I've heard the same thing about the school. They also had a track day program which our friend Dave took last March on his Harley - not as costly but still "riding Daytona".

:helmetBostrom... I'd just be a yellow-headed brake marker to him!

What would it actually take to make the grid for the 200? Not that it will ever happen for me - but I know we've got some racers on this board for whom it could be a realistic goal.

·
Registered
916 Posts
KBOlsen said:
I've heard the same thing about the school. They also had a track day program which our friend Dave took last March on his Harley - not as costly but still "riding Daytona".

:helmetBostrom... I'd just be a yellow-headed brake marker to him!

What would it actually take to make the grid for the 200? Not that it will ever happen for me - but I know we've got some racers on this board for whom it could be a realistic goal.
I believe the AMA rulebook says your fastest qualifying lap must be within the 112%(not 100% sure) of the pole sitters time. So just for arguments sake....if AMA ran blackhawk(LMAO) and Duhamel had pole at 1:12:00 the slowest guy on the grid would have to AT LEAST do a 1:20:64 in qualifying to make the grid. This is one of the rules that Miladin was pissing and moaning about.....too many backmarkers...

It's entirely possible for a good clubracer to qualify for an AMA race(finishing on the lead lap would be a totally DIFFERENT story!). I met an AFAM racer(yellow plate) from Cali earlier this year who was running lap times at Road America that would have qualified him on the Formula Extreme grid... And his lap times at Grattan were only about 4-5secs faster than me (he was running a full-on 929RR superbike BTW). I wouldn't at all be surprized to see DanO or OmniGLH on a AMA grid sometime in the future.

:cheers :cheers :thumbsup

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I wouldn't at all be surprized to see DanO or OmniGLH on a AMA grid sometime in the future
Yep... I'd be willing to bet they'll be there in '04 or '05.:cheers :cheers

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
October 2002
10/26/2002 - Beaver Run - Wampum, PA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/27/2002 - Beaver Run - Wampum, PA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 2002
11/1/2002 - Summit Point - (Main Course) - Summit Point,
11/2/2002 - Summit Point (Jefferson) - Summit Point, WV
11/16/2002 - Carolina Motorsports Park - Kershaw, SC
11/17/2002 - Carolina Motorsports Park - Kershaw, SC

Anyone have real deep pockets?

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Lupi said:
October 2002
11/16/2002 - Carolina Motorsports Park - Kershaw, SC
11/17/2002 - Carolina Motorsports Park - Kershaw, SC

Anyone have real deep pockets?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm anyone want to go with me??????

1 - 20 of 31 Posts