Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Thee original azzhole!
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to a charity veteran auction saturday
i was told about this at the last minute...(jackass freinds forgot to tell me about this seeing that im a vet and all)...

anyways...holy crap did these guys give alot of stuff away...

let me point out some of the highlights for ya:
1. madden nfl standup videos game that sold for ONLY $700 bucks on the auction...this is normally a $4k game to anyone

2. signed bears stuff like from urlacher dick butkis, mike singletary

3. cubs stuff and sox stuff like tickets and blackhawk stuff also

and yea even some green bay stuff...

i bought a chicago bears laser autographed football for $35 bucks...and then i bought a t-shirt for 5 bucks that displays thier vet fest...

there was deals to be made at this place...sybariss packages, gordy howe framed photo, ernie banks autographed-framed-matted 8x10, and even muhammad ail autographed-framed-matted pick with him and the beatles in black and white...

and it all benifets local disabled veterans in state...it was unbeleivable the amount of stuff they were auctioning off...and there were service men in the crowd...they even had a 9' by 15' us flag they auctioned off for about 100 bucks...thing was HUGE...

if anyone wants to make it to next years, its held in palatine at a bar called "duffys" off rand road...next years date is november 8th...fundraising event starts at noon and live auction to start at 5pm... trust me when i say this is a good time...i got there about 3pm and left about 9ish or so...

·
PPF Installer
1,286 Posts
well damn you could of said something before it happened, some of us veterans would of liked to have gone.

·
Thee original azzhole!
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude....did you not read the 2nd sentance?....i was told about it at the last minute myself when my friends were already on thier way there to it...they knew about it for months, and kept forgeting to tell me about this...if i would have known sooner, i sure as hell woould have put it up...

·
Listen to Motley Crue
2,338 Posts
Man, I would of been all over that Madden standup, (4K does not touch a brand new one, they go for 5995+). It sure would of looked nice next to the golden tee 05

·
Thee original azzhole!
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
apparently, they have stuff like that almost every year...this was year 3...next year is 4th annual...trust me, i will post up a reminder when it comes up again...the amount of stuff going away at auction was insane...had to have well over 150 things being auctioned off...they had a signed superbowl 41 helmet by payton...just all sorts of shit...

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
apparently, they have stuff like that almost every year...this was year 3...next year is 4th annual...trust me, i will post up a reminder when it comes up again...the amount of stuff going away at auction was insane...had to have well over 150 things being auctioned off...they had a signed superbowl 41 helmet by payton...just all sorts of shit...
Wait...4 comes after 3?

·
Thee original azzhole!
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
apparently so, or at least thats the word these days...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts