Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Must... brake... later...
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get some great deals on the 02 R1's now, but I'm wondering if I should wait for the changes they'll make for the '03 model year. Any ideas what Yamaha is planning to do for next years R1??? Thanks for the info.!

·
CLSB SuperHero
1,808 Posts
Well, not too much. Maybe a few cosmetic changes, but as far as draztic changes, that wont happen until the '04's. Every 2 years Yamaha makes massive changes to the R1. And with them redoing the '02, the '03 will be almost identical. I heard they might put a damper on as a stock item, but to tell ya the truth, it will be a crappy one. Case in point, The only difference from Crazy's bike and my bike, is the decals. Nothing else. The service manuals are as follows... 98 and 99 manuals are the same, '00 and '01 are the same, and im sure the '02 and '03 manual will be the same.
So I say go for the '02 if you can get a deal on it, or wait 2 more weeks until the '03 is released.

·
(no comment)
353 Posts
What terminator1 said about the "every two years" thing with Yamaha is generally true for the R1. A couple refinements and some new graphics are the norm.

If you can wait 9 more days, Yamaha will be releasing the details for the 2003 lineup on their website. As you may have already seen in spy photos, the r6 is looking the business.

Here's a link to Yamahas page where you should be able to get the info you'ree looking for:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/categories.asp?lid=2&lc=mcy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts