Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
#40 expert
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
marketing ideas for CCS

I have prepared a large list of things that don't cost much to items that do cost for CCS to do in order to promote more sportbike racing in the United States. If you guys have any ideas post em here.

·
#40 expert
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha... opt for longer races and fewer ones? Loose the 750 class and stuff like that?

If anyone wants to see my Google document place their email here and Ill share it with you. All I ask is that you add with a separate color.

At this point no idea is a bad idea. I may not present all the ideas but it would be easy for CCS to differentiate from WERA

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Totally agree on less classes.

That's not really marketing though.

It'd be nice if the racing orgs weren't so grouchy about track day orgs eroding their base of customers. How about forming more partnerships?

They'd get more spectators if they changed the gate fee structure and did a little more community promotion. Talk to newspapers and whatnot in the area of the tracks.

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
totally agree on less classes.

It'd be nice if the racing orgs weren't so grouchy about track day orgs eroding their base of customers. How about forming more partnerships?

They'd get more spectators if they changed the gate fee structure and did a little more community promotion. Talk to newspapers and whatnot in the area of the tracks.

+1

·
I don't know...
5,167 Posts

+2

I think the classes are just fine, there are 3 classes plus the GT class per bike size.

They should give out podium celebration, bigger trophies, umbrella girls. Live TV broadcast.

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,479 Posts
Ironcially they have so many classes because people were BITCHING for more. :laughing:

Gate fee structure (pay for the whole weekend even if someone was jsut gonna be there sat) is due to a number of people back when BHF had single day gate passes who would stay overnight sat (which isnt a problem for the track) then not go get a sunday wristband (which is a problem for the track). All because a number of people skipped out on paying for a sunday pass (which was only $10/day back then), it was ruined for the rest of us. Same with pitbikes, never had to register them with the track before until too many issues with people acting like idiots on them (which increases the track insurance). Just imagine if some asshat would had went out on track after hours at the last event and BHF added $5 to everyones gate fee so they can hire a deputy to babysit everyone at night. There would be ALOT of bitching.

Half the time when I tell guys on bikes locally about the races, they never even knew there was a track locally. Most street riders could care less about going to watch club races. Spectators in the US want to see the ALL the action, not just a few corners. Why do you think local oval tracks have very good turnouts and their gate fees are pretty close to $20-25 for ONE day. Only way we will get more spectators out there is if us racers try to get people WE know to actually come out.

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Reason for the low amount of racers is the the lap per $ ratio. You keep on cutting down the amount of laps in a race and jack up the amout it cost per race you are forcing people to stop racing. Drop the BS classes like middleweight GP and the heavyweight calsses and some other crap and go racing. 10 laps per race and a full 30 min for the gto/gtu/gtlights

·
#40 expert
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Here was my short list

Print 5000 books - Year end coffee table book much like a HS annual. Racer Bio’s etc. Complete with advertising etc and sign up forms for the following year. You would need a volunteer graphic design company. I suspect CCS could sell the book for 30+ dollars and with all the advertising obtained print it free. It might also be suggested to give 1000 away free to various retailers such as. My graphic design team at Design engine would volunteer to layout the first book. It would take us all of November and printing would take 2 weeks. We could pre sell and possibly ship books by Christmas.

Clinics: have CCS officials volunteer to do track day tech at sportbike tracktime. wear the CCS shirts and everything. Offer free race tech prep class. Racers will volunteer to help track day people drill holes in bolts and safety wire bikes. Can be the night before a race.

Youtube: Many racers spend countless hrs looking at other racers POV Yuotube videos. encourage participating with select racers by promoting their youtube page on the CCS website.

Video: Have amateur videos graphed create several videos for a later upload to a youtube channel. It would not take much to have several volunteers from each region to compete. Racing videos can be showcased on public broadcasting, youtube or vimeo. this is better than Fox’s idea of speed channel.

graphic design: revamp the corporate identity of CCS racing. You can do this free by promoting a competition for Logo ideas. This will garnish the attention of the design community bringing light to the CCS racing website and organization.

Sportbike Tracktime & NESBA: do more to partner with the track day organizations. track day people become the spectators this way increasing the audience has direct correlation to racers participation in the following year.

Sportsman races for 1st timers: let folks ease into the racing by encouraging first timers. Once they get the hook their ... well.... hooked.

endurance racing: consider endurance racing instead of practice. Let racers practice by racing ;)

Other suggestions:
fewer and longer races. Not all the races need to be 5 or 8 laps.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Here was my short list

Clinics: have CCS officials volunteer to do track day tech at sportbike tracktime. wear the CCS shirts and everything. Offer free race tech prep class. Racers will volunteer to help track day people drill holes in bolts and safety wire bikes. Can be the night before a race.
Free race license (and school) for 1st timers is the way to go here.

Other suggestions:
fewer and longer races. Not all the races need to be 5 or 8 laps.
Then they should offer free Yoga classes 'cause I can barely hold myself on the bike after 8 laps already ... :D

·
King Nothing, , ,
17,060 Posts

From a non-racer on the outside looking in...........

THIS!

·
#40 expert
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it's a mini book like Chicago Scene magazine. Maybe a book a little larger 5x8 50 pages of racers bio's result's entry forms advertisements. 3 or 4 articles ranging from how to build calluses pre race season to beginner bike prep. Book comes out January every year.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
All good stuff guys.

Les classes would be nice. That would leave more time for potential qualifying for grid position. If qualifying is not possible they should grid riders per entry the first round of the season then grid them per points for every round after that. Riders shouldn't be gridded per the time of entry. They should be gridded by how fast they are.

I would like to see more purse races as well. If I have to pay an extra 10 or 20 bucks for a class to create a purse fine. DO IT!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.