Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you tech guys....

I have been seeing some decent add campains for Mac's latley. Do we still hate those or are they cool now. I really dont know much about them or the differences. But I must admit I have been thinkng about them latley. What do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
They still arent cool, unless you do heavy graphics work or are a woman. Either way, when you purchase one you have to trade in your balls.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I think the new Macs are actually running Linux for an OS and their GUI is an application running on top of that. I think MacOS is gone.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vcook said:
They still arent cool, unless you do heavy graphics work or are a woman. Either way, when you purchase one you have to trade in your balls.

ROFL:rofl :rofl

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BusaDave said:
I think the new Macs are actually running Linux for an OS and their GUI is an application running on top of that. I think MacOS is gone.
Well, wouldnt that be a good thing? Linux is supposed to be much more stable than windows.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vcook said:
a mac would never run windows anyways.
I thought they had some sort of windows emulator on them so it would act like it.

I know they would never run windows normally. But that isnt nessicarily a bad thing is it. I know I have had enough problems with windows over the years. Grated I am no in any sence an IT guy. I can tell you 27 different ways to shoot your data via a laser from Chicago to Hong Kong but I have no clue about which computer would be better and why.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
i think what you need is a nice Tandy. very solid machines, especially when they run dos ver. 3.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Commodore 64?

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This site runs on my old commodore 64, dont knock it :D :D

LOL those were bad ass machines back in the day :D I used to love playing "mindshadow" on mine.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
You want to mirror it with my Commodore 64? I even have the 1541 disc drive.

Seriously...I do still have this machine...anyone want it...please take it....

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Think my parents still have the Atari 400 or how bout a TSR 80

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Kruz said:
You want to mirror it with my Commodore 64? I even have the 1541 disc drive.

Seriously...I do still have this machine...anyone want it...please take it....
:laughing :laughing :laughing I still have a Commodore 128. Complete set up.:laughing :laughing

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
Ya know... I hate to admit it - but I'm in the same boat as Tony. I've been a PC user since day 1 (back on my old Tandy 1000A running MS-DOS 2.01... gosh that was a LONG time ago!) But lately, I've realized that I don't do a whole lot with my PC anymore, aside from run my budget, type up an occasional letter, and download MP3s. Now that winter is coming back around, I'll do more video editing in my free time (which a Mac is supposed to be really good for.) I don't play games on my PC anymore, I use the PS2 (now that consoles have FINALLY started to catch up to the PC as far as games are concerned.) I *do* do occasional programming (if I think up an idea for an easy, simple pgm) but since OS-X is unix, programming is a piece of cake.

My problem is... where can I find them? The only place I know of that sells Macs is CDW, and they tend to be a bit expensive for just about everything. I'm not very seriously looking, yet... right now it's just in the "hmmmm" stage...

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dude go to woodfield mall, They have an entire mac store there. Thats what got me thinkin about it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts