Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

what do you guys think about going to vagas and renting some cruisers after new years

951 views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Hooligan 
#1 ·
just a thought and to get some insight to WHO maybe would like to do this..me and jim were talking and we would like too.

heres the idea...after new years..theres deals all over the place...and its winter here.

we go to vegas..and rent some H.D's or goldwings, or choppers from a company down there..from what my bro in law told me..its like 50 bucks a day for like a 4 day rental or some shit.
i dont think no where down there they rent rockets....unless we go to cali.
also too arazona is a helmet law state.
these guys will have the bikes waiting for you at the airport to pick up and or you can just drop em there when ya leave and its a free pick up and drop off ...how cool is that.
again this is from what my bro in law told me and a few other guys.

anyway...who would like to get in on something like this.

i am not offering to do all the research and w/e just looking to see who else might like to do this?

See less See more
#3 ·
This would be a total blast. Unfortunately, I can't make the comittment at this point;)

#11 ·
Hey Ken, if you go to Vegas don't do that cruiser bs. Don't go gambling, add the money you saved not gambling to what you would have spent, toss the 5 to 6 bills for the cruiser rental into the pot ($250+ a day?) and do Freddie's school for 2 days. Aside from walking funny for a couple of days because of all the time in the saddle, you will have a smile on your face for weeks and be faster, smoother etc. As an added bonus you get to hang with the man.

Just IMO

See ya,

bruce :thumbsup

#13 ·
Haha now there's some intrest..well maybe its still on..lets see we still got some time.

plus this is for just alittle get away.

As far track school instead..ill wait for that till next year when I get a smaller good TRACK bike..and not this 9r..unless I do road America again..then the 9r is perfect!

i don't know how much ill learn at a track school...considering...i do know how to ride pretty damm well..and just getting track time i rather do a track day. besides..i know lots of tricks when it comes to track riding skill and bike management i just haven't had a SUPER amount of track time..but i don't blame my 9r..it does what it can..for what it is..just need something smaller to whale into the corners with less drift and weight to tire friction..lol

but then again i KNOW i could learn to improve..i dont claim to be a pro or nothing..but i know i am good.
how much better all depends on if i set a GOAL for myself..and if i do..damm well bet i will start racing then cause i dont spend money for knowlage and just sit on my ass..not just having fun with the guys but doing it competivialy!
so its an all GO for me..or its a just have some fun.

And I think you guys can vouch I know how to push a bike around pretty darn well.

But like I said..i am no pro, I don't claim to be. And I am not a 2 wheel god...(well there are those days...lol) and I know I could learn more and do better.

but when and if i do start doing track days..BIG time and school...trust me...ive got some money to back my butt so its gonna be alotta things i am going to TAKE...i don't care what the prize is...but respect from being viewed as such a good rider will be the most important to me.
and that's why i do most anything

#14 ·
Cool, whenever you are ready. Just thought I'd toss it in.

BTW Freddie provides track ready f4s with telemetry. You don't need to even think about the zx9. It takes what you ride right out of the equation. You will learn lots. Period. I don't care how good you are (And you know I think you are a good rider.). He trains newby track, aspiring club racers, national and international boys. Even his instructors are #1 plate boys and more importantly great communicators doing this full time. They have the system down cold.

If you do decide to start racing, this is a good place to start.

Bye,

Bruce

#16 ·
Yeah, but the price will probably make you do a double take. I think he is running about $2,400 for 2 days.:rolleyes

#17 ·
It looks like I will be going to Vegas to be Best Man in a wedding in early January. It would be cool if the two events lined up. If I was going to do cruisers it would have to be big ones, like VTX or Warrior. This is a pretty cool idea.

#18 ·
Ken

I did this last new years................... I believe it was 145 bucks for 24 hours. They do come and pick you up at your hotel and when you return they give you a ride back to your room.

I rented a Dyna Wide Glide, Kim and I rode to the dam and into Arizona...............Note this............Get gas right before the dam{hoover dam} because there aint shit once your into Arizona.

We had to turn around and go back for lack of fuel

When the sun goes down in the desert it gets cold as hell.

Yes it is a helmut state.........both nevada and arizona

I DO NOT RECCOMEND YOU DO THIS ON THAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!

Vegas is packed on new years weekend.......... theres two main highways into vegas....one to arizona and one towards california, the backups were 10 miles plus of completely stopped traffic.

Needless to say I think we rode the shoulder for atleast 5 - 10 miles to get back before we ran out of gas.

Pick an off weekend, like maybe in March and Id be interested

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.