Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

What gloves?

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Sticky 
#1 ·
What gloves does everybody recommend? Where can I find them? I don't know if the extra money is justified or if a less expensive glove will hold up in a crash. JR Speedmaster and Alpinestar GP Plus are both about $160. I'd even consider used if black and red.

#2 ·
I have the GP Plus gloves and I love them. They're really comfy and the leather is great. The carbon fiber on them is top notch also. If you look at some of the cheap teknic gloves you'll see bubbles in there, not with these. The only bad thing is that they get really hot in the summer. It also feels like overkill wearing them on the street.

#3 ·
Joe Rocket has a pair for hot weather. I think they are CarboVent. Anyone have any experience with the comfort of JR. These will be my only gloves.

#4 ·
I think I'd need a medium or possibly large. My Olympia gloves were medium. And no comments about hand size.

#5 ·
http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com

All kinds of riding gear reviewed by owners- excellent site.

That said, ANYTHING will be better than Olympia gloves. Those things are a "price point" product that fills a need on the shelf- people buy 'em on impulse in dealerships because they're around $60. You will never see them at a racetrack where people depend on quality riding gear, and when it comes down to it, don't we all use our hands to make a living to some extent? Even at a 0 mph tipover crash, the first thing you do is stick out your hand, right?

I'm currently very happy with my third pair of Held 2273's (available at Trophy Leathers on Ogden Ave., in Downer's Grove) and Spidi's...

#6 ·
You're right about the Olympia. I wore through the back of the thumb in a low speed getoff. I just put that in there as a size reference.

#8 ·
Get the best you can get, arent you worth it? Messed up hands suck. My preference...Held Galaxy (2935), these will save your hands short of putting them into a meat grinder. All kangaroo leather, armor, etc. Check out Trophy Leathers on ogden in Downers Grove, they stock all the sizes.

#9 ·
gloves for sale

I have a pair of top of the line joe rocket Nickey hayden replica gloves for sale. They are size medium, with external stitching, black carbon fiber knuckles and are red and black with white palms and 69 logos on the gauntlet. I ordered a size too small online and wore them so I couldnt return them but are like new.
Later, Jon Nagela

#10 ·
I might be interested. I'll look up a picture on their site. How much do you want for them?

#12 ·
I have Held gloves, 2 crashes no rips. The palms are kangaroo skin which is less porous than cowskin. The also have studded palms for sliding, the sizes are numered for a greater variety of fit. I've talked to people who traced their hand and faxed it in and got a great fit. I had the luxury of trying on a bunch. You'll get'em a little tight and they stretch, my have killer fit but the styling is a bit lacking. You can order them from Helimot,http://www.helimot.com/index.shtml

#13 ·
Sticky said:
I have Held gloves, 2 crashes no rips. The palms are kangaroo skin which is less porous than cowskin. The also have studded palms for sliding, the sizes are numered for a greater variety of fit. I've talked to people who traced their hand and faxed it in and got a great fit. I had the luxury of trying on a bunch. You'll get'em a little tight and they stretch, my have killer fit but the styling is a bit lacking. You can order them from Helimot,http://www.helimot.com/index.shtml
Or check out Trophy Leathers...they stock all the sizes, and charge the same as Helimot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.