Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helllllooooooooooo Ladies. :laughing: I wish we had sound on here sometimes. :D

So my muffintop is spreading boutifully over the top of my jeans. I think my body found out that I turned 35. I need advice on dieting.

I am vegetarian, and I have that down pat, but I am limiting myself to 1500 calories per day right now. Which is also healthy.... and which I started doing..... 2-day. :laughing

I have a new job that I started three months ago, the same time in which this started and I sit on my ass all day long at the office and I cant exercise at all, and this is what I attribute the spreading of my ass. :laughing The office is tiny, and the only way to walk around is to go walk around an industrial park, and its not the most pleasant experience. We have no stairs, no long distance from the car (I think I take like 5 steps, lol), and Im going out of my MIND!

I've never weighed this much before and Im pretty sure its because Ive been cramped up in a chair night and day in the office, commuting, and at school.

So do any of you have any idea what kind of things I can do to get my body energized and working out while at work? I have no time for actually WORKING out usually. Plus, I hate it....its no fun to me AT ALL.... that's why I go to clubs. Its a fun way to work out. :laughing

I know that there are some small exercises you can do while at your desk. But I dont know all of them.

I need help in the belly, butt, thighs area.

Has anyone seen any exercises or know of any that won't do more damage then good while at the office?

.... disclaimer.... don't say Im not fat, because my entire wardrobe including my Lucky Jeans dont FIT ME and I am barely squeezing into pants that I bought that were falling off of me before. I AM FAT! AND IM PISSED.

:laughing:

.... so mad that I've decided to start looking for a new job. lol

·
Mmmmmm....
6,402 Posts
SHUT UP SKINNY BITCH!!!!!!!!!!

:laughing: I understand your size zero pants don't fit you anymore, but there's no shame in going up to a size 1!!

You have always seemed to eat pretty healthy so maybe try cutting out the alcohol?? Or if you don't care about looking goofy you can always bring a balance ball to work and sit on it instead of a chair... totally good for your core. Otherwise, take Bella for a walk more!!

·
Mmmmmm....
6,402 Posts
and why the fuck is the fat chick giving the skinny chick advice on how to lose weight??? :lmao:

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude, I can't walk Bella! That dog drags my ass down the street!!!

She doesn't know how to heel. :(

But I like to snuggle on the couch with her and eat nachos. :lmao:

SEE ITS THE DOG! THE DOG IS MAKING ME FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Puppy Love!
3,462 Posts
Some people here around the office in the winter use those thigh master or whatever things. That is the only thing I can think of....

I'm thankful my office has a gym, I just go down there when I don't feel like working and workout, and get paid to do it! :evil

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some people here around the office in the winter use those thigh master or whatever things. That is the only thing I can think of....

I'm thankful my office has a gym, I just go down there when I don't feel like working and workout, and get paid to do it! :evil
That is pimp! Where do you work? Im comin there.
:laughing

·
Puppy Love!
3,462 Posts

·
Orgynizer ,
14,367 Posts
Bring a balance ball to work and sit on it instead of a chair... totally good for your core. Otherwise, take Bella for a walk more!!
+1000000000000000000000

I'm actually going to get mine out of the garage and bring it into work.

But I have to go to the gym...if I don't work out...yeah the pounds come back so I try and hit the gym 3-5 days a week :D

We have a gym here at work too but it's $30/month and I already have a membership somewhere else...plus I try to hit the gym before I come to work...get it done and out of the way.

·
Orgynizer ,
14,367 Posts
Are you guys serious? You really sit on one of those things at work? That's awesome. How big are they?

Yep.....I started using one in PT and it's really really good for your core....and they come in all different sizes, but you obviously want a larger one since you'll be sitting on it all day.

I have no idea what size mine is, but it's red. Not sure if they are color coded or not???

·
Mmmmmm....
6,402 Posts
The balance ball size is determined based upon your height and weight... My personal trainer bought me mine so I don't know where she got it but I think sport stores carry them.

When you use the ball you have to balance yourself which actually works all the muscles in your core. You don't even realize all the muscles that you need to stabilize yourself... you can just sit on it and do basic moves like bicep curls, shoulder presses, etc burns a ton of extra calories!!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Dude, I can't walk Bella! That dog drags my ass down the street!!!

She doesn't know how to heel. :(

But I like to snuggle on the couch with her and eat nachos. :lmao:

SEE ITS THE DOG! THE DOG IS MAKING ME FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:jester well she'll make you strong, that's for sure :jester

·
RIP Ashwin
1,303 Posts
I am totally with you on the office job, sitting for 8 hours straight. I try to make sure I walk around throughout the building at least once in the morning (10am) and once in the afternoon (3pm) and do a workout at least once a day, after work. I'm trying to work up to doing my cardio in the morning and weights in the evenings. Its tough and in the last 2 years at this stupid job I've gained 25 pounds! Its the office spread!

You guys may think I'm nuts but I love my part time job on the weekends a the grocery store because I am constantly walking - for about 13 hours a day and unloading groceries, etc from the pallets. That is definitely my workout! And I tend to run out of time to eat!

Good Luck Skinny Bitch!!!:lmao:

(P.S. I do find it odd that us fat girls are giving you weight loss advice!!! :lmao: )

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wanna get one of those ball thingies for working out on it at home. (I can watch the news while I am sitting on it, and maybe even at my computer desk @ home, too.) that would work good.

:D

Grrrrr..... (looking for new job) lol

I need to work at a joint that has like 6 floors so I can walk up and down the stairs.

2,208 Posts
Oh, by the way....:sucks:

Here I am busting my booty to fit in a size 6 wedding dress and Cat, who already is about size 0, is needing to lost weight. Girl, you're crazy!!!!

On a serious note though, after I had my son and I got outta the police academy and all I started taking ephedrine (synthetic form of ephedra). It helped me a bit.

Once I go back to nightshift I will start working out again cuz I've been lasy in that regard for the last month. Are you actually looking to lose weight or tone up?

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh, by the way....:sucks:

Here I am busting my booty to fit in a size 6 wedding dress and Cat, who already is about size 0, is needing to lost weight. Girl, you're crazy!!!!

On a serious note though, after I had my son and I got outta the police academy and all I started taking ephedrine (synthetic form of ephedra). It helped me a bit.

Once I go back to nightshift I will start working out again cuz I've been lasy in that regard for the last month. Are you actually looking to lose weight or tone up?

Im thinking of maybe getting myself some of that nose candy.... I've seen that stuff take the pounds of people before... how's the evidence collection lookin' on your end? :laughing

Im not a size ZERO you freaks. lol

Yea, I should probably do some of that toning stuff... but it sounds like a whole lot of work.

... I'd rather limit myself to a serving size of cheetos within a calorie diet then bust my ass hoping to create some kind of muscle mass. .... I tried toning before. It just makes my arms and legs look even more like toothpicks.

Ill tone my belly area, once I get the fat off of it.

Im gonna do some cardio as well as 1500 calorie diet.... then I'll move on to the..... "Hey, girls, how do I tone my tummy without looking like CHINA from WWF" questions.

:lmao:

·
RIP Ashwin
1,303 Posts
Ill tone my belly area, once I get the fat off of it.

Im gonna do some cardio as well as 1500 calorie diet.... then I'll move on to the..... "Hey, girls, how do I tone my tummy without looking like CHINA from WWF" questions.

:lmao:
It takes a looooong time (and lots of ab crunches with weights) to tone your abs to look like that! Seriously, if you use weights whether it be 3 pound dumbells or 8 pound dumbells, your body will continue to burn fat/calories even while you are sleeping which is a major plus! You don't have to go gung ho on the weights but adding them to your cardio routine will help. You can actually feel it working. :)

·
BIKELESS!
1,887 Posts
man...You would have to do steriods to look like that chic from WWF. Plus, trying to target your weight loss is never going to work. The belly takes the longest because it typically has the most fat! I say everything in moderation...work-out, eat right and stay positive. You can turn ANY activity into a work-out. Everytime you are finished in the bathroom...do 10 squats or 10 lunges. Sit in your office chair and work your core (you don't even need the ball for that). Just squeeze your butt, your kegales (sp?) and your abs for 10 sec, release, hold for 10 secs, release.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts