Chicagoland Sportbikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, noe ride report in almost a week. What the heck did everyone fall off the short yellow bus and forget to ride this week?:confused

Anyone looking to ride this week? Anyone going to go to RA over the weekend for Cycle Fest? Hello, anybody home?

Ciao,
Lupi

·
I can make my bike lean!
356 Posts
You guys ride too scary, I like crashing my bike all by myself; its too hot; its too cold; there are wolves after me; I just plain suck!:jester

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Lately no ridin, lets see. Waitin for tires. Ok thats fixed now. Out of town guest and convention killed this past weekend.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
I ride every day to work, but on the weekends seems no one wants to ride around here anymore. do i scare you?? is it because my wheelies are garbage. whatever it is get out here and ride!!! or i may sell my 9r and ride the track only!:nono

·
I can make my bike lean!
356 Posts
JimGoFast said:
I ride every day to work, but on the weekends seems no one wants to ride around here anymore. do i scare you?? is it because my wheelies are garbage. whatever it is get out here and ride!!! or i may sell my 9r and ride the track only!:nono
Post some of these weekend rides?

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
YZFRabbit said:

Post some of these weekend rides?
OK, but next time you are 5 minnutes from my house stop by so i can ride too!:twofinger

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
wolfgang said:
My excuse is i need someone to lead the route. I tried it by myself and i only could remember about half of it.:confused
thats no excuse you know where i live and if you dont have my# here it is 847-226-7175 i was hoping you would want to go back out there for some more tips!:cheers

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Michael said:

i'd like to go out on that route with you Jim. small group .. maybe you can show me a few things.
Jeff and I took scott back there last week and i told him i was gonna follow him and critque him(s/p?) he like the idea. After A couple of roads we stopped and i told him what i saw and what I thought he could do to improve. did this step again, then i had him follow me through some turns and watch what i did, and jeff followed him. went back over some of the roads and practiced what we shared with him, I can say although his speed didnt pick up much, he did 1) pick better lines 2) looked through the turns and 3 became much smoother. with some more practice he will be hanging with the front guys!!
**edit** and just a side note on the speed thing, I told him not to worry about the speed but to practice the other skills first, just want to clearify that

So if your serious, and think this may help Im game and im sure Jeff is also. or if you just want to ride let me know.

jim

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
JimGoFast said:
You just live to F-ing far away. I just can't handle the 200 miels round trip on the tollways anymore. I like sport touring, but the a 600 jsut doesn't cut it. It's mostly the wind noise and buzzing handle bars.

I've even considered getting something like a ST1300 or FJR1300 for my next bike or at least a VFR. But then again... after seeign the RC-51... I think John's got the right idea.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
cherrypicker said:

You just live to F-ing far away. I just can't handle the 200 miels round trip on the tollways anymore. I like sport touring, but the a 600 jsut doesn't cut it. It's mostly the wind noise and buzzing handle bars.

I've even considered getting something like a ST1300 or FJR1300 for my next bike or at least a VFR. But then again... after seeign the RC-51... I think John's got the right idea.
Hey if you got decent places to ride down there i'd be happy to ride down there on the weekend. hell i put 10,000 miles on my bike last year, so im not affriad to ride places, just think the riding alone is boring!

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cherrypicker said:
You just live to F-ing far away. I just can't handle the 200 miels round trip on the tollways anymore.
Geeze, and here I thought at your normal rate of travel for the highway, you'd be here in a half hour?:cheers

Hmm....another weekend day trip sounds good Jim!

·
Registered
197 Posts
attn jimgofast

Hey I'm looking for something along those lines (no pun). I've been wanting to hit the road with someone who has lots of track days under his/her belt so I can start picking some better lines myself:jester If anyone's game in the NW burbs I'm free whenever. I lean hard but that's about it, doesn't improve my speed around the twisties too much, so if anyone's out there w/ some good experience that could help me out, I'd appreciate it.
thanks

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Re: attn jimgofast

The Mole said:
Hey I'm looking for something along those lines (no pun). I've been wanting to hit the road with someone who has lots of track days under his/her belt so I can start picking some better lines myself:jester If anyone's game in the NW burbs I'm free whenever. I lean hard but that's about it, doesn't improve my speed around the twisties too much, so if anyone's out there w/ some good experience that could help me out, I'd appreciate it.
thanks
Just watch for rides out in LITH. got some good twisties and more than likley Jim and or Jeff would be on it. Watch their lines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This route you guys are talking about, is this in the back roads of like Huntley, out near union. Starts near woodstock then ends up near Crystal Lake? I while ago I was shown this way by DanO. I try to get out on those roads every Sunday if I'm not on the boat!

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
um yeah somfin like dat:D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: Re: attn jimgofast

Champ91 said:

Just watch for rides out in LITH. got some good twisties and more than likley Jim and or Jeff would be on it. Watch their lines.
Ummm, where's LITH? And more importantly, when can we go??? Do I seem impatient? .. Good, cuz I am. Seems like we have some Simpson's fans on here..."mmmmmmmm, twisteeeeeeeeeeez" Oh and 'beeeer'

Vic "What's your vector?"

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Re: Re: Re: attn jimgofast

The Mole said:

Ummm, where's LITH? And more importantly, when can we go??? Do I seem impatient? .. Good, cuz I am. Seems like we have some Simpson's fans on here..."mmmmmmmm, twisteeeeeeeeeeez" Oh and 'beeeer'

Vic "What's your vector?"
well we will be out there saturday, plus having a bbq check it out in the group rides forum!

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Thats right Mole ya gota come out to Jim's BBQ this Sat. Get to meet alot of the riders from this board as well as a ride out here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts