Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I build it or sell it as it sits......I am in over my Harley knowledge here.

Has a 5 speed trans in black just need a motor and some odds and ends.....It is a MSO frame.

Motor has to be 103B 06 and below

Or a complete 07 with trans and covers 103b

00r0r_asogtSXiCpG_600x450.jpg

00505_fSFVkrUHwZN_600x450.jpg

·
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
Just go to some Harley poser bar this summer and beat up the smallest, drunkest guy and take his shit - Leave him the keys to that diesl Kawi and call it even

·
Go ahead, I'll catch up
1,230 Posts
Just go to some Harley poser bar this summer and beat up the smallest, drunkest guy and take his shit - Leave him the keys to that diesl Kawi and call it even
Based on this post and my physical stature, thank god I don't have a harley.

·
PIKUACH NEFESH
6,900 Posts
Roll over to HD and pick up a 120 , in stock .

·
PIKUACH NEFESH
6,900 Posts
Do I even want to ask what that would cost... I do have a 5 speed trans here.

who do I call to check in on this?
They're $5600 or so .

The way to do it , is pick up someones liftout with all the ancillaries . Ideally a 103 . Excellent engine to start with .

·
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not from what I can tell so fare.....

·
Enjoying Life!!
17,771 Posts
Build it, IF you're going to actually ride it. Otherwise sell it.

·
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well have to build it first to see if I will. I enjoy a good challenge even when it may not make sense....

Looking for a few bits one being the dash cover that fills the top of the gas tank.

·
PIKUACH NEFESH
6,900 Posts
well have to build it first to see if I will. I enjoy a good challenge even when it may not make sense....

Looking for a few bits one being the dash cover that fills the top of the gas tank.
Start hitting the swap meets . There are plenty of them for picking up these kinds of parts .

·
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
11,409 Posts
If it were an Evo Softail, I'd say ditch it - I hate Evo Softails, but TC88B engines are very smooth and can be a nice ride, just don't expect to be tearing up the twisties with it.

If it were me, I'd write up a build list of what's left and if you can get the parts and an engine with low miles for under $8k or so, all said and done, I'd go for it.

Will an Evo work ? (I've got a 113 version of this one and they go pretty good)
http://www.ultimaproducts.com/120engine127.html

there is other stuff there. jirehcycles.com is one of their resellers.
That's a non-balanced engine, and it's huge. That's going to be like having a jackhammer attached to your balls on that frame. Softails are rigid mount bikes, so there's nothing to absorb the vibration like on a Dyna or Touring frame, as a result, anything above 50mph or so and your filings will be falling out. Evo Softails are essentially bar hoppers IMO. I love the Evo powerplant when rubber mounted and I love Softails when they have balanced engines, but without either, the ride really sucks.

My old 1998 FXSTC:

·
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it has began the slow build doing it with my youngest. Letting him wrench an helping when he needs it. He seems to be enjoying it so now it's game on.

Compressed.jpg

SAM_0325.jpg

·
PIKUACH NEFESH
6,900 Posts
The dining room is where all the great biker builds start .

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
you keep some odd hours B but I like it

·
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The dining room is where all the great biker builds start .

The garage is to dam cold and has the KZ on the lift.... I am lucky to have a very understanding wife, along with a very good set of earplugs.

Bug,
We squeeze things in where we can, it is all in how we use the time we have :neener:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts