Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

What to do with the F4i?

1K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Kruz 
#1 ·
I am looking for some advice on what to do with my F4i. My trackday lowside caused only cosmetic damage….I’ve got a some lightly scratched right lower fairing, scratched windshield, small light scratches on the mirror mounts, slightly dented can and scraped s-pipe, lightly scratched case cover, scraped bar end, and bent right rearset. I don’t think it's worth it to fix the cosmetic crap because most iof it is hardly noticeable.

I was all set on buying back my old F3 and tracking it out, but then I’m thinking how much I like the F4i on the track and all the dyno workand track mods I’ve done to it to make it smoother and faster on the track. Add in the dented exhaust system, etc., the 208s I've got on their that I love and I'm really wondering how much street riding I will do. I mean I used to ride a lot on the street, but lately I’m loosing interest. I’m thinking about a sport crusier (Zx9:D) for the street and the F4i for the track. All I’d do is strip it down and throw some skins on...maybe a little fork work. I could always put the plastics back on and it would be street worthy.

Any thoughts? At first I thought it would be a pricey way to go...turning a perfectly good F4i into a track toy and buying a new street bike. I've been itching for a liter bike for the street. But the more I think about, why not just go for it and do it right. Why dump money into an F3 when I already have an F4i tweaked out for the track? I know I won't be happy riding the F4i on the street unless it's perfect again. Any ideas on a good comfy liter size street bike that I can comfortably drive the g-friend around on?

See less See more
#2 ·
thinking smart;)
f4i is now the whore...fuck the race skins...IF you really wanna race it alot...just gut it..and make up or buy a head light cover...kinda like what doc has and rivit it in.

shit you not the best most comfortable bike out this with POWER and still agile is the 9r baby.

after you smash up the panels on the next crash, then go with race skins;)

thats my advise

#4 · (Edited)
I'm thinking skins to save the plastic for when I sell it down the road. I can get a set for $400-500 and be done.

I've barely got 3k miles on the F4i...trackdays only put on a few hundred at most. I'll sell this thing for $4k in 3 years with 6k miles:D

Busa costs too much and is too heavy for my liking....plus I'd hate to make you even more jealous of me Tony

#5 ·
I was thinking of doing something similar with the SV. For what I want to do on the track (corner, not race, respectible lap times) it is awesome. It won't do BHF is 1:13, but I've heard of SVs in the upper teens :twofinger Now, that'd take an awesome rider, but it's a goal.

At first I was thinking of mod'ing the hell out of the SVS, since it really does look sweet when you mod the shit out of them (undertail, rear wheel hugger, exhaust, etc.) Only problem is 'zuki never keeps the same color scheme and I'd be stuck with trick parts that don't match color-wise :nono What kind of poser would I be then? :laughing

So now I plan on paying off the SVS and picking up another street bike in the next couple years. I'm not saying which one, but I'm favoring the Speed Four from Triumph or another SVS. Who knows, Kawasaki has a 650 VTwin ATV, maybe they'll get some sense and put the thing in a motorcycle to give the SV buyers some options. If Triumph gets the stuff together and finally comes out with a 3 cylinder sporty engine smaller than the Speed Triple I'd be set. I love the sound and overall look/feeling from the speed triple, but I don't see myself ready for that anytime soon. And the insurance would probably break me. :joker

Hopefully not too :eek:t

Chris

#8 ·
IMO I would track out the F4i. Get new skinz for the very reason you mentioned. Remember to keep everything, no selling off to come up with more track cash. I too have a preference for the 9R's Had a chance to ride Jim and Jeff's and If I could convince the wife I'd have a new one too.:(

#9 · (Edited)
I'm thinking that's what I will probably do....I'm already humbled enough from the RA straightaway. I know it's all about the turns, but I think I will only be slower on the F3 in the turns and definitely the straights.

Jim and I switched for a bit when I came up to get those washers....the 9R felt really plush and powerful. Me likey...:D

So anyone know where to get some decent (cheap) racing skins?

What do you all think about this badboy as my new street fighter?

#10 ·
Lupi and I got ours fromOPP Racing They are Sibimoto skinz. the fit was good on the F4 since its not for the street ya wouldn't need to worry about the lights. And they have undertails and engine covers too. No holes are drilled, but they are located and a Unibit works great. Comes in black. Unless you wanted custom colors would already be ready to ride in. 3 grades of Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber, and Kevlar/Carbon Fiber mix. OPP is in canada but they are cheaper than Yoyodyne, the US Distributor. DOWN side lead time. They come from Italy. Ours took 2 months, but it might be faster since you wouldn't need the headlights or taillights. Thats what we were told the delay was.

#11 ·
6 seconds is a lot....think about it....these little 600s stock are running 10-11 second 1/4 miles. Thats's from a standstill. 6 seconds at RA....that's the entire front straightaway.

For example....Jim's was running a goos second faster laps than me at BHF....he'l be the first to admit though he couldn't catch me in the turns...the hp in the straightaways is what gave him the better times.

Just my .02

#12 ·
Kruz said:
6 seconds is a lot....think about it....these little 600s stock are running 10-11 second 1/4 miles. Thats's from a standstill. 6 seconds at RA....that's the entire front straightaway.

For example....Jim's was running a goos second faster laps than me at BHF....he'l be the first to admit though he couldn't catch me in the turns...the hp in the straightaways is what gave him the better times.

Just my .02
I could catch you in the corners but didnt have enough speed to pass you in the shorter straights,so it had to be done on the long straight.and only a second??:nono :nono more like 3 but who keeps track of those things??:twofinger

But i would like to tell you that you have gotten pretty dam good since April Kudos to you!:thumbsup

#13 ·
Kruz said:
Tony...I'll give you $2000 for that overweight Suzuki POS. :D

It's not over weight, it just takes ssuperior skills to handle it. Let me know when you have those and I'll sell it to ya :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

#14 ·
Kruz- I thought about doing the same thing even though I don't have a second bike. I barely ride on the street, but I would miss those days when my bike was all tracked out.

If you are going to get a ZX9R, there is a 2001 for $7500 down in my neck of the woods. I can get you more info. if you want it.

Doc

#15 ·
I could catch you in the corners but didnt have enough speed to pass you in the shorter straights,so it had to be done on the long straight.and only a second?? more like 3 but who keeps track of those things??
:bs :bs :bs

I'm just quoting what you told me....when I turned my 1:29...you said your best was 1:28. You also said you were unable to gain any ground on me in the turns. I must have misunderstood you...
:rolleyes

Jim...you are still the fastest guy I know....

THAT HAS YET TO GET A FRICKIN KNEE DOWN....you short legged little girl. :D

Thanks for the compliment...I'm getting better every time out.

Doc...what color ZX9R? I'm not ready right now to make a decision, but soon...maybe.

Tony...when you bringing your overweight BUSA and overweight body out to the track? :twofinger

I've got skillz :jester

#23 ·
Kruz said:

Beleive me I've thought about that combo exactly...are there any good deals going on with the 954s?
Everyone is selling them for either 8800 or 8900, depending on the "freight and setup", you are looking at $9400 for the bike plus tax usually....or drive a pickup to Lake Hills Motors and pick one up for 8900 or so...but will you save more when your time is accounted for driving there?

#24 ·
Kruz said:

Tony...when you bringing your overweight BUSA and overweight body out to the track? :twofinger

I've got skillz :jester
LOL, I cant afford the track this year. I drop it there and it will be out of commision till next year some time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.