Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...if you were in my shoes Saturday night. I'm not big at going out clubs or going out to Lincoln Park meat markets. I am married and occasionally my wifes friends or siblings drags us out to these places. Saturday night we went out to a couple of places in Lincoln Park. The first place we went was big time crowded. We went in and found a place to stand out of the way but still had to let people squeeze by now and then. One guy, after I gave him room wanted to hit on a girl that was next to our group got behind me and gave me a clearly intintional push to get next to this chic. I was pissed, so I shoved the guy back and he immediately backed off and apologized to me. No biggy but now the wife is getting a bit perturbed with me since I am supposed to be out having a good time. OK...an Hour or so later we go to a different spot, again crowed and a guy once again gives me a shove. (these are shoves not just your regular crowded bar bumps) I just backed up a bit to let him know it wasn't ok. On his way back the guy comes from behind me and fricn' shoves me again and bends me ove a nearby table. I get up and let him have it and exchange some words and he leaves. Then I head for the bathroom. When I come out my wife tells me that a friend of one of the guys that came with us didn't know she was married and she walked away when he started hitting on her but he smacked her in the ass when she turned around. I'm pissed:mad . I don't blame him for hitting on my wife cause he didn't know she was married, but he disrespected her regardless. What would you have done at this point???

·
Registered
899 Posts
Wowee... fun times in Lincoln Park eh?

As a resident of Lincoln Park... I know what you mean about these places getting really crowded (to the point of being sardine cans) but most of the time the crowd is pretty nice and even if someone bumps you walking past they'll turn and apologize. I don't know if you were wearing an "I hate you and your family" T-shirt ;) but from what I've seen there isn't a whole lot of that.

THAT SAID... a few things to know about the LP. 99% of the guys you will see at bars are complete pussies. Hence the guy who backed off quickly once you shoved him forcefully and let him know you meant business. Any time you need to get something done in LP, just act like you're a badass, shove someone, and you'll immediately have everyone at the bar scared of you.

I don't quite understand why this guy who shoved you repeatedly was doing that... perhaps jealousy... or maybe he had a bad day on the trading floor and did a little too much coke before he went out (many LP residents are fledgling traders living off their father's money/reputation who have $500/day cocaine habits). Who knows though. Regardless of his problem, shoving someone back in LP (or shoving them at all) usually makes them get scared and go crying home to their girlfriends (who they proceed to hit because they can't pick on anyone their own size :rolleyes ).

I would have decked the guy who smacked her ass. He wouldn't have done anything, and his friends wouldn't have done shit either. That's the beauty of LP... everyone tries to act so tough but when it comes down to it they're all pretty much pansies.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Well, I know I wasnt there but I do have a couple things to say.

First, from the times I have met you, you seemed to be pretty laid back and have a level head so I dont believe you were looking for a fight. Bumping around in crowed bars happens. Usually people are at least cordial, however when some takes a stand like that to purposely pushes you over a table, you were right to crack him.

Second, standing up for women who arent getting respect is always a noble thing. Good job.

I dont think you did anything wrong. :cheers

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stydie750SS said:
Wowee... fun times in Lincoln Park eh?

I would have decked the guy who smacked her ass. He wouldn't have done anything, and his friends wouldn't have done shit either. That's the beauty of LP... everyone tries to act so tough but when it comes down to it they're all pretty much pansies.
:rolleyes :rolleyes Now you tell me.:D . I did do something. I was a bit more tactful since I was an outsider in their group out for the night. I am actually a bit more concerned with getting arrested and skrewing up my career than I was afraid of his friends though. Anyway, I'll tell you what I did after I hear some more responses, but you are right the second I acted tough everybody around me got scared:laughing :laughing , which is funny cause I'm definitely not a very impressive guy and I have an extremely innocent look.:D :D

·
Grammaton Cleric
1,842 Posts
Brian,

Sorry to hear you had a crappy time in LP...Hanging out there can be pretty fun. Having said that, I agree with Chris's assessment...Some of these guys in Lincoln Park can be a bunch of spineless posers. You made the right call...If someone shoves me (shoves, not brushes), THEY will be made aware of their mistake, most likely verbally.

Side note, I have been noticing this a lot lately, at bars, stand-room only concerts, etc. In the past, I would have let this shit go...but I am getting really tried of the poor manners of people, so now I'll let them know they are a jackass by returning the jab. I will never start a shove match, but I WILL finish one. Now, having said that, I lucked out in the gene pool...Typically what happens is a guy will shove me, I'll shove him back, or call him an ass, he looks back, then UP, and sees this 6"4', 230 pound gentleman looking down at him and then I usually hear, "Sorry, Dude."

Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MrBusa said:
I lucked out in the gene pool...Typically what happens is a guy will shove me, I'll shove him back, or call him an ass, he looks back, then UP, and sees this 6"4', 230 pound gentleman looking down at him and then I usually hear, "Sorry, Dude."

Next time we go can you come with.:laughing :laughing I'm painfully average at 6'1" 185lbs.:p

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to clarify also. These were shoves and way out of line. Those of you who know me better know it takes alot to get me to the retaliation point.

·
Grammaton Cleric
1,842 Posts
No problem...My motto is leave no man behind, either motorcycling in a group or in a bar. :cheers :thumbsup

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
this 6"4', 230 pound gentleman
(All right, now where is that BIG-EYED, open-mouthed smiley?) ;)

·
Grammaton Cleric
1,842 Posts
Don't worry Brian...I know what you are saying...it was not a brush-by, a standing on one's foot by accident, or a drunk idiot playing around. It was an INTENTIONAL shove, by a wannabe. Actually, if you think about it, this jackass was lucky.

He's lucky you did not deck him.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Hate to say it Brian...but suburb boyz stick out like a sore thumb down there. Did you like it when he bent you over the table? :D

They were fucking with ya....drop his ass next time...just make sure you have someone watching your back.

·
Grammaton Cleric
1,842 Posts
Okay, it's more like 240...my ass has been away from the gym to long. :(

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kruz said:
Hate to say it Brian...but suburb boyz stick out like a sore thumb down there. Did you like it when he bent you over the table? :D

They were fucking with ya....drop his ass next time...just make sure you have someone watching your back.
Actually Kruz, Immediately when I got bent I thought of you baby.:D :laughing :laughing

BTW I used to live in the city so :p

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kruz said:
Hey Crazy...since when are you 6'1"......you're an inch taller than me?
I guess, I've been 6'1" since high school unless I shrank:D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vcook said:
I got your back, anytime.
Thanks Bro,

I'm not a complete wouse though I did do something. Just waiting to tell ya what.:D :D

·
Grammaton Cleric
1,842 Posts
Bought the guy a drink and asked for his number? :D

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Crazy said:

Thanks Bro,

I'm not a complete wouse though I did do something. Just waiting to tell ya what.:D :D
haha, i'm not insinuating your a wuss. you fight your own fights, while you are busy beating the dude's face in I'll handle his friends. ;)

1 - 20 of 98 Posts