Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Moto-Sexual....
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im looking to replace the rubbers on the tiller. i need grip+longevity. plus its a heavier bike. what tire brands do you recommend? i dont ride fast but can if i choose.

whats the cheapest online or local vendor?

thanks

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I put a set of contimotions on my v11 for about 200 for thr d
set. They seem to be hold up well, and gripier than the stock metzlers

·
Registered
133 Posts
I put about 8 thousand miles on my contimotion this past season on my zx10, 2up most of the time. The grip was awesome when its dry and warm.... But wet or a little moisture, once in a while the bike fish tails a bit.... By the end of the season I have Michelin pures, definitely night and day on the grip.... Wet or dry that tire grips... But it's probably not gonna give me the same mileage as the contimotion.

·
Eat a bag o' dix!
7,965 Posts
^ this

·
The Violator
4,070 Posts
Vern, in the last 9 years, I've gone through 3 sets of Pilot Powers, 1 set of Pilot Roads, 2 sets of Road2s, 1 set of Road2 rear/Power front, 1 set of BT023s & 1 set of 023 rear/016 front. Here's my take:

The Pilots are a great tire with plenty of dry and wet grip at a price that seems too low to be true. Only real touring downside is longevity from the rear. I don't get more than 4-5k miles from one, and I keep pressures high when slabbing substantial distances.

The Road2s are almost as sticky on the sides, but harder in the center. I get 10k to 12k from a Road2 rear.

The 023s were close in grip to the Road2s, but I have a few complaints about them, and have since switched back to the Road2s. The 023s are not as good in standing water. The rear is harder to read for tire life (no siping in the center). I also got less mileage from the rear (~8k from both of them).

I still think the 023s are an excellent tire, I just think the Road2s are better. :thumbsup

·
n00b
769 Posts
I did about 65k on my last bike in 2006-10 years, and then about 33k on my most recent bike in the last 2. About 1/2 of that was 2up riding. Unfortunatley riding season stopped in July this year since our first little one was soon to arrive so miles dropped off. Hoping to get back into it next year!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.