Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Fornello Del Testicolo
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dirty Nellie's thread got me thinkin'. Where did you meet your wife? The stories tend to be neat (ok I've been pounding "Sparks" since I got home). My wife and I met at The Mission in Elgin in 1999. We were both pretty much playing "wingman" for our friends. They lasted about two weeks.

·
VTwin FTW!
5,564 Posts
We met at a Bar called 6 North in Northlake at about 4am on a Friday night. I worked 2nd shift and she was with someone I knew from High School. We started talking and danced a little. It's been 16 great years since with 2 young daughters, 9 & 8, and one 3 month old black lab named Max.

I am a lucky man.

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Columbia Yacht club. We met while racing sailboats. Interesting story, but too long to write up. Lets just say she was a pick up crew on a heavy air day and the closest I/we came to killing a crew-mate while racing. Blood everywhere. After all that she wanted to come back. Keeper...

·
Another Polak
2,494 Posts
Polish deli, she was selling sausage,
and now she has her own Polish sausage :laughing:

·
Clever Girl
10,204 Posts
I got introduced to my wife through a friend down at SIU. The funny part is we were introduced 4 or 5 times before I remembered who she was. I had a little drinking problem my freshman year of college :cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Met her at a swimming pool in 1979. Dated two years, married in 81, have 4 gorgeous daughters.

Columbia Yacht club. We met while racing sailboats.
Runner, I used to sail out of Columbia, raced weekends and the beer cans on Wed nights. Of course, that was quite a while ago. My wife sails as well. Use to run T10, Qs and Js, as well as the cruisers. Ran a 30' Catalina in the cruisers "Ti Tae" before the owner upgraded to a bigger boat.

·
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin
8,791 Posts
My Jarhead buddy wanted to bang this one girl he met and I had to go along as wing man since I was the only person that he knew, that read a book. Ended up spending the night and pretty much the rest as they say is history.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
UF computer system back in the late 80's. I wrote and ran a BBS system on their Vax network for use by other students and was working w/ a team of students writing and maintaining the Florida portion of the multi-campus real-time communications programs that eventually grew from Bitnet-Relay into the now more familiar flavors such as IRC before hopping into the very infantile (at the time) online commercial sector. She was on the system and spent some time @ UF and Miami hopping back and forth to FIU too and we had just kept in touch online (which was a hell of a feat at the time). Upon her returning to UF back in summer of 90, we started hanging out a lot and we were married that October :) :1pimp :lmao:

Naturally, everyone said it wouldn't last and of course, one of the other things that attracted us to each other (the "I'll show you!" attitude we both have) kicked in and has to this day proven them all wrong :neener:

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
I met my wife at a Party her and her roomates were throwing in college. She came out of the back asking, "Which one of you pigs did it?" Knowing she was just in the bathroom and figuring it was the toilet seat up I said, "It wasn't me but I will go fix it." Well that led to conversation. Turned out she was in one of my classes and I got all my homework for the semester done for me. ;)

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Met her at a swimming pool in 1979. Dated two years, married in 81, have 4 gorgeous daughters.
I was born in 1981 :lmao:

·
K.I.S.S
1,834 Posts
met my wife at the MSF course @ COD cant remember how many years ago; but iv been married 3 years.

·
Make my day!!!!!
3,330 Posts
met my x wife at a bar. Liked me for the motorcycle. Divorced me because of the motorcycle. go figure!:biker2: :flip :twofinger :wtf: :nutkick: :bitch_please:

·
Boom
13,320 Posts
Met my wife while drinking over at a common friends house. That was about 7 years ago. Funny thing is, she sucker punched me the first day we met :laughing Lived together for past 6 years, got married April 1st of last year before I joined the military. Nothing really changed after we got married, which I guess its a good thing :laughing

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
Met my first wife in Air Traffic Control school.

Met my second wife at Ft. Campbell (hahah, just kidding, married the same woman twice)

Met my true second wife on eHarmony. Yep, it actually works.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts