Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which should i go with?? want a good set that will give good stopping power for the track but don't want to be replacing them every couple of weekends. I"m no Hayden so absolute stopping power is not a must...just a good comprimise on wear vs. stopping power.

Thanks in advance.

Keith

·
Registered
875 Posts
The Vesrah's do seem to work really well. No complaints there.

The only trick I've had is actually getting them.

I haven't had much success personally with EBC's.

Performance Frictions are very good.

Most of this year I used DP-Brakes. Very similar feel to the Vesrah's, great stopping power with not too much effort. The nice thing is: you can go to your favorite motorcycle dealer and they can order them from Parts Unlimited.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Ive had good luck with the EBC but then again, I can only compare them to stock. You might want to look at upgrading your brake lines to SSTL braided if you haven't already.

·
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,731 Posts
Good freaking question! I understand your frustration, it's like trying to pick oil for your bike. I have always used EBC, they seem to last awhile and on my Fizzer stop me quick.

Rick:confused

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am actually upgrading to braided brake lines also. Actually I have absolutly no complaints with the stock pads.....excellant bite.....i guess that's one good thing about my YZF is the great stock brakes. I think the major problem is the rubber lines and the braided lines will take care of that.

I am worried about like what happened to Loudes13 with getting a set and finding out they suck when cold and need a few laps to work...I want good bite when cold...better when hot and good wet ability also.

actaully i havn't heard anything prior about Vesrah. I was thinking about DP's or Ferado. I am kinda gonna shy away from EBS cause I have heard some monor compalints about them before.

So what about Ferado CP911?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Most of the latest Ferodo stuff that I've used has had the cold brakes thing where it doesn't work well.

·
Slow Poke
1,297 Posts
I'm goona run Verah's or PFC's this year. Endurance pads for me. I wanna try Ferodo for my street bike, the EBC's make alot of racket.

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks like i might be getting a set of Vesrahs. seems to be the most unanimous opinion. thanks guys:cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Super Dave said:
The Vesrah's do seem to work really well. No complaints there.

The only trick I've had is actually getting them.
I've been trying to figure out what to do about that. Trackside Racers Supply sells the RJL race compound pads and gladly take orders over the phone (828) 235-8400.

Also, we are planning on being at the Chicago bike show this February and plan to sell pads there in conjunction with Nielsen's, who will probably start to sell RJL pads this coming year. (they already sell JL pads)

Where do you guys buy most of your parts around here? Are there any dependable vendors that show up at the races around here?

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got my pads and a bunch of other parts for my track bike conversion from Dan O at Woodfield Motorsports. Went with the Vesrah pads...he got them in just a few days...(not counting the Bird Holiday).....Thanx Dan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Woodfield Motorsports takes great care of us CLSB'ers. Nielsen's is also very good. DanO.... wasn't Woodfield at the show last year?

·
Registered
875 Posts
nancy junge said:
Are there any dependable vendors that show up at the races around here?
I am a distributor for Power Mist Racing Fuel. I bring it to the CCS races and support my students, among my own racing program. I could do it. You work with Kevin Hanson, one of my instructors. But, he'll be fielding himself in some AMA Superbike events that conflict with some of the CCS races.

Mason Racin Tires is good. He does a lot of EBC currently. Since there is so much EBC contingency in CCS, that is the pad of choice. I don't like them myself.

·
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,731 Posts
Dano at Woodfield set me up with EBC on the old Fizzer, I have never had a complaint against them, but then again, never had a bike with more than 75 HP:cheers

Rick

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
kimmy DanO and Woodfield was at the show last year. set me and lupi up with back protectors and Lupi's leathers at the show.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts