Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a wecloming opportunity for you to post about what you would DO to my bike. :laughing:

There, now that I got the obvious out of the way.... :lmao:.... you guys are too predictable..... :jester .....

I ride my 07 600RR on Track and Street (long flat trafficy chicago streets) :laughing

So far the only thing I have done to this sweet machine is SS brake lines, Corsa III Tires, Suspension Adjustment, Flush Mount Front Signals, Frame Sliders, Bar Ends, Rear Spools, and the fender is still stock because its easy for track. Just unscrew the entire kit, brake lamp and all, and you're ready for track.... pop it back on, and you're ready for street.

So, if you rode my 600RR at the flip of a switch from street to track to street... what mods would you do?

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
<----------see avatar :D

·
Serious inquiries only
13,775 Posts
Race plastics

and what Vcook said.

*Crosses fingers in hope of nobody ragging me for riding the same bike*

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
Yep, all you need is some decent pads. I like Vesrah RJL and DP RDP for street/track use.
Stock suspension is pretty darn good. Unless you're trying to run at the front of the A group, you won't notice any real difference other than a placebo effect and $2.5G's less in your account for a 25mm kit and a triple clicker.

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
Shorty levers? I noticed i have less fatigue in my braking hand from using Pazzo shorties (i'm too poor to get the clutch lever).

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OH, and I'll take one of those sexy 848s please.

Mort: Are you still lining the Honda Stripes with pink pinstripe? Just wondering :laughing

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Suspension is set.

Stock pads are 50% worn, so I will be getting new ones next season. Brand suggestions?
I was referring to getting it resprung and valved for your weight and riding style, not just fiddling with the stockers.

·
Former Chicagoian
864 Posts
Stomp grip, adjustable rear sets, PCIII, maybe a gear indicator....

Post some pics!

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
I was referring to getting it resprung and valved for your weight and riding style, not just fiddling with the stockers.
Send the shock and forks to Thermosman.

Get some rear sets and then put the icing on the cake with some carbon fiber wheels!

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought that's what I had done. I have no idea what Im doing, mechanically. :laughing:

The round "thingie" on the back has a sticker on it now. :lmao:

How much does this cost? And where's the best place to get this done?

·
Former Chicagoian
864 Posts
I have stomp grip.
PC - is that a power commander? I dont need one of those.
Whats the benefit of adjustable rear sets?
Whats a gear indicator?
Ummm...they're adjustable. :) No seriously, more clearence at the track...more comfort on the street....or maybe you find one position you like for both....they're probably also lighter and certainly look better.

A gear indicator tells you what gear you're in....like when you're hard on the brakes coming into T1, kickin' down gears, jockying for position, and for whatever reason lose track of what gear you're in. They come stock on some bikes such as the GSXR line up.

·
TERRAdactyl
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ummm...they're adjustable. :) No seriously, more clearence at the track...more comfort on the street....or maybe you find one position you like for both....they're probably also lighter and certainly look better.

A gear indicator tells you what gear you're in....like when you're hard on the brakes coming into T1, kickin' down gears, jockying for position, and for whatever reason lose track of what gear you're in. They come stock on some bikes such as the GSXR line up.
How does it tell you what gear you are in? by sight? Because I dont look down at my bike when Im on track. I dont think that would benefit me.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts