1 - 20 of 34 Posts
1,438 Posts
I should buy that...... lol

·
Two point Slow
554 Posts
No title, only bill of sale?
Will sell whole bike for $2,500?
Will need only frame back? Gee so no one can trace bike from the VIN# maybe?
I hope we aren't that stupid.
Crikey, stinks like a stolen bike like nothing else

·
im the greek guy
2,407 Posts
if it is in fact stolen and u buy it could u get in trouble??
cuz its not ur fault, u didnt know its hot

·
Clever Girl
10,204 Posts
if it is in fact stolen and u buy it could u get in trouble??
cuz its not ur fault, u didnt know its hot
Possession of stolen property. It's illegal. Then not only do you get arrested, chances are you'll be out the $2500 as well.

And that's my listing. For complicated tax reasons, I need who ever buys it to send the money to my bank account in Nigeria. Thanks in advance.

·
im the greek guy
2,407 Posts
i dont get it how can u get in trouble?!?! u didnt know wtfff
anyways i just called him, he said hes goin bankrupt and the rear tire is broken so it needs to get towed, the title is with the bank cuz its not paid off yet, and he said i could keep the frame

·
Bop your way home...
5,621 Posts
Either that or someone has the bright idea of claiming bankruptcy after selling all the parts so they can repo the frame. Either way I don't think I want part of that.

That's what I was thinking. I've heard of scams like that with cars. Buy a car strip it down, have it repo'ed. If your credit is already in the shitter there is really nothing too bad that can happen to you. i'm not sure if there are specific laws against it.

·
Clever Girl
10,204 Posts
anyways i just called him, he said hes goin bankrupt and the rear tire is broken so it needs to get towed, the title is with the bank cuz its not paid off yet, and he said i could keep the frame
Possession of stolen property.

Buy the bike and take it to the DMV to get titled. Make sure you bring a video camera with, because I want to see the look on your face when reality hits. :laughing:

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
I just talked to him...
I called and he initially answered
Him "hello"
Me "calling about the bike on CL"
Him "man fuck you!"
Me "ok?"
Him "click"

1 min later
He calls back... Tells me he needs to pay bills.. bike runs... I ask why he needs the frame back.. that I need a track bike etc... He said we can talk...
CL says downtown.. He told me Broadway and Kenmore...

hmmm?

oh and the ad says his name is Eldin, he told me it was Tom.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well that's another steaming pile of crap. If it isn't paid off he can't sell it because the bank has a lien on it. Call him back and tell him since he doesn't have a title you need to come by and have a cop to a vin check.

Bet he hangs up.

·
im the greek guy
2,407 Posts
I just talked to him...
I called and he initially answered
Him "hello"
Me "calling about the bike on CL"
Him "man fuck you!"
Me "ok?"
Him "click"

1 min later
He calls back... Tells me he needs to pay bills.. bike runs... I ask why he needs the frame back.. that I need a track bike etc... He said we can talk...
CL says downtown.. He told me Broadway and Kenmore...

hmmm?

oh and the ad says his name is Eldin, he told me it was Tom.
lmao! he seriously said fuck u then called u back??? hahaha

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well if you read the ad he said, he will sell the whole bike but he needs the frame back. :)

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
lmao! he seriously said fuck u then called u back??? hahaha
Which I asked him about..
He said "I was talking just talking to someone else about the bike"

You know.. Would make a nice track bike for 2500$ :)
and everyone knows.. what.. 50% of the dedicated track bikes aren't 100% legal (oh and I totally made up that #)

:bitch_please:

·
im the greek guy
2,407 Posts
Well if you read the ad he said, he will sell the whole bike but he needs the frame back. :)
yea but i asked him about it and he said i could keep it, either way hes a loser

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
Hmmm me wants to try to get the vin from him

1 - 20 of 34 Posts