Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Sausage king
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys are a pretty knowledgeable group so I thought I'd ask here. ING Direct's Savings (4.20 APR) and E*Trade (4.70 APR) seem to be offering better rates then the neighborhood banks. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with them? Any other suggestions?

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
I do lots of business with ING. Very solid and the Orange accounts give a strong value and ease in use. You may want to check HSBC's internet based accounts too. Hong Kong Shanghai Bank Corp.

·
Clever Girl
10,204 Posts
I have an ING Orange account. Very user friendly and never had a problem. It's good for that money that you don't want touch.

·
One day at a time
1,511 Posts
I have a Charter One Money Market Account that pays 5%. (Best I've seen around.)
You must keep a minimum of $50,000 in the account to take advantage of the interest rate.

Jesse

·
Retired but still working
1,089 Posts

·
The Sausage king
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I've narrowed it down to HSBC and ING. I should have mentioned I'm looking for a savings account with no minimum in case I need to withdraw the money for any reason and not incur penalties.

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
Try my Credit Union - Over 6% on their checking (which can be a savins I guess)

www.myconsumers.org

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I've used ING Direct Orange for over a year. Those earn more in one month than my other account makes in year..with 1/2 the money.

Those other accounts look interesting though.

·
The Sausage king
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Forget ING. They're rates haven't been worth a shit for years.

If you're looking for a liquid account, consider countrywide savingslink account. 5.35% apy.
D'Oh! I went with ING. :laughing:

I considered Countrywide but I remember reading how their mortgage side is really taking a hit and I didn't want to deal with any drama in case they were to go belly up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts