Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You need a special cable from mini Cooper to hook an auxiliary device up to it? I just returned the rental and got another car.
Why in the hell would they do that? Stupid!

·
Resident Slow guy
6,770 Posts
My girlfriend has an S model.
If you are talking about something like an mp3 player I think there is a jack in the center console.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Who's the rookie that put this in Nightlife?

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a jack but a standard 1/4 inch cable does not work. It will not activate the aux function in the car. I returned the thing and got a camaro. No complaints. The aux function works fine with no issues in the chevy. The mini Cooper was nice and handles awesome, no surprise BMW makes it because it feels just like one.4 but I have to be able to talk hands free on a military base while driving.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2004 MINI Cooper S and installed that cable myself. I'm female, so my hand was small enough to fit under and behind the dash and behind the head unit to plug the cable into the aux socket that's on the back of the head unit. Then I ran the line where I wanted it to go. Someone with small hands has to do it if you want to avoid taking everything apart.

Socket location circled in blue in photo, here:
xoutpost.com/attachments/bsws-mobile-electronics-forum/3636d1134030787-nano-your-mini-aux-input-install-dscn5818.jpg

The photo will help you determine where the aux socket is located if you're doing it blind and by reach like I did. Mine still works great!

Love that little 6-speed!
:cheers

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts