Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i am currently in the market for one. :)
Or if you happen to know somebody selling a good electric guitar
and amp for a beginner at a good price. PLEASE let me know!

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
I was one of a few people that were. I'll give the other guys a chance first but PM if they don't reply.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I'm pretty sure Anna (Vivid1) is still selling her stuff. I'm not sure if she's got a beginner amp though.

I've also got a beginner amp and guitar to part with. Amp's a Park 15W and the guitar is a Kramer strat copy I bought a couple years ago.

I've also got a Johnson Millenium amp I'd be up for selling if the price was right, but it's NOT beginner. I just don't use the features it can do.

:eek:t I've got a Epi Les Paul and Ibanez that AREN'T for sale.
I haven't played since I moved into my house :(

Chris

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you are a beginner you might want to consider something like the Fender Squire Strat Pack. Something like $280 (at any GuitarCenter) for the entire package. Guitar, 15W amp, strap, crappy bag, picks, electronic tuner, extra strings, and instructional dvd.

IMHO, if you are just starting out you can't go wrong with this setup. But remember, guitars are like bikes, if you ask 10 people which one you should buy you will likely get 10 different answers.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
jcc_rr said:
If you are a beginner you might want to consider something like the Fender Squire Strat Pack. Something like $280 (at any GuitarCenter) for the entire package. Guitar, 15W amp, strap, crappy bag, picks, electronic tuner, extra strings, and instructional dvd.

I would not go with that guitar. That model is harder to play than most. Almost like playing an old accustic. But that's just my opinion. I have a Yamaha guitar with a Laney Linebacker amp. I also have a distortion peddle and a tuner. This guitar is easy to play and the amp is not to big not to small. Let me know if nobody replies.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I'll sell off my Kramer strat copy with amp and strap for $75!

:eek:t
Anna, I want to see a picture of you with that guitar while playing. How big was your hair while that was strapped to you? :)

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
GroverSV650S said:
Anna, I want to see a picture of you with that guitar while playing. How big was your hair while that was strapped to you? :)
If I had a scanner I would post something from the 80's. Let's just say I was not into glam rock but into speed metal. My favorite bands used to be Pantera, Slayer and Sepultura.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jcc_rr said:
I went to check it out and they wanted 470!
Anyway, i'm still looking...
Sorry Anna, that purple just doesn't do anything for me. Something to be said about aesthetics, i guess.

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Here's my guitar and amp. It's a Yamaha RGX211 with a Laney Linebacker amp. Got a little dust on it. Let me know if that does anything for you and I figure out what I want for it. I also have a tuner and a DID distortion pedal for it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Crazy said:
Here's my guitar and amp. It's a Yamaha RGX211 with a Laney Linebacker amp. Got a little dust on it. Let me know if that does anything for you and I figure out what I want for it. I also have a tuner and a DID distortion pedal for it.
Cool, whata asking for both?:D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Y2KR1 said:

Cool, whata asking for both?:D

I think $300 is fair for both and I throw in a DID distortion pedal, guitar case, strap, cords and a tuner with it.;)

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Crazy said:

I think $300 is fair for both and I throw in a DID distortion pedal, guitar case, strap, cords and a tuner with it.;)

I also have a Clarinet that's over a hundred years old appraised at $15k unrestored. Any takers :D

·
Registered
563 Posts
Crazy said:

I also have a Clarinet that's over a hundred years old appraised at $15k unrestored. Any takers :D
trade for my 1917 Player piano?:D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Y2KR1 said:

trade for my 1917 Player piano?:D

Sorry Eric, I have no need for more instruments in the house. Already got three clarinets a trumpet a violin a guitar and a wife.:D :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts