Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
doubleR said:
Starting next week I'll be working there with you guys.

Isn't MOT laying off a bunch of people. I wasn't aware they were hiring again. Congrat's though on the new job!!!!:cheers

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Nick is setting up a yamaha sale stand in the front lobby. :laughing kidding.

congrats on the jobby job, dude!

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
doubleR said:
Starting next week I'll be working there with you guys.
Damn Nick, wish I would've known - we could've just traded jobs ;)

Which Mot building are you going to? And why would you want to work for this company anyways? I give you 2 years - you'll be asking Jeff to let you go back to Woodfield ;)

Jim
"Sick of Motorola's crap" Racing...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought Dave and Ernie worked there but wasn't sure.

I'll be working at the builing on Algonquin and Meacham but I'm not employed by Motorola...I have more sense than that (given recent events). :p

Jim, Woodfield is all yours buddy. ;)

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
well Dave is working from home for a while :rolleyes

I used to be in the 1301 Algonquin Building (sector headquarters), but now I'm up in boofoo Libertyville.

What are you going to be doing Nick?

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
doubleR said:
I thought Dave and Ernie worked there but wasn't sure.

I'll be working at the builing on Algonquin and Meacham but I'm not employed by Motorola...I have more sense than that (given recent events). :p

Jim, Woodfield is all yours buddy. ;)
which building? that's our corporate headquarters campus and there's about a dozen buildings at the corner of Meacham/Algonquin (daycare, sector headquarters, corporate tower, parts building, credit union, museum, ...)

you're changing diapers and feeding babies at the daycare center aren't you??? :rofl

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ernie said:
you're changing diapers and feeding babies at the daycare center aren't you??? :rofl
Close, I'll be working the ABS help desk for you guys but I don't know what building yet. I'll find out this Monday!

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
LOL when I first saw the title of this thread I thought there was going to be a joke. Since they seem to have layed everyone off.

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
getting there....slowly but surely getting there. we'll probably be like Lucent soon. They outsourced all of their IT a couple of years ago. Look at them now :rolleyes

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
Re: Re: Who works at the Motorola building?

Crazy said:

Isn't MOT laying off a bunch of people. I wasn't aware they were hiring again. Congrat's though on the new job!!!!:cheers
Layoffs sometimes don't equal hiring freezes. They don't move people around when they layoff...if they cut 1000 assembly line jobs and have a few openings in say accounting dept, they just don't transfer a few assembly line guys to take over the finances!!!!! Although at some companies it looks that way:laughing :laughing

If their are openings in depts that didn't have layoffs than the "now Hiring" sign goes up.

ohhh....congrats on becoming a consultant or contractor or whatever they call ya....just don't call ya a Motorola employee right?:thumbsup

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
doubleR said:
Alright Ernie, I'm in IL06 at the GIS Help Desk...
congrats. hope you're having more fun than me. been stuck in quarterly staff meeting this week in the IL06 training room 2nd floor. Sun-Wed 8-5 :(

hopefully the madness ends tomorrow and I'll be able to get back on the board

btw, nice post time on that message mister contractor :laughing

don't get caught on the first few weeks of the new job :twofinger

1 - 15 of 15 Posts