Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I miss mopar
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to download Windows 8 via my MSDN account. My work computer (win 7) crashed and I'm just bulding my own software setup this time. i'm done with my IT department. Since I don't have money for a mac right now, I'm installing a fresh copy of windows 8 and my own apps. Is it just me or is the new user interface really stupid? The metro layout seems like its made for tablets and sucks for a laptop.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
The new interface is lame.
Windows 7 is more than sufficient for a PC. Don't know why Microsoft is rolling this out.
Try to get a Mac from work.

·
I miss mopar
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been trying. It's hard to get a computer off cycle in my company.

My wife stole my Mac and I was going to buy another, but I bought a house instead lol

·
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,797 Posts
The metro layout seems like its made for tablets and sucks for a laptop.
It is made for tablets. And slates, and laptops with touch screens. I've been running it on my PC for about a month (with Office 2013 preview) and I like it. There are some excellent improvements (e.g. Task Manager, File Copy) which have been long overdue. I don't use many MX apps so I spend 99% of my time in the traditional desktop experience.

·
Banned
8,661 Posts
don't pay attention much to the computer field. But I remember it was made for the new technology computers "tablets"

I will never be a tablet guy. I hate them. Need a keyboard and a trackball.

·
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,797 Posts
I suggest it, it's better than Win7 and once you get past the little changes to the Start menu it's nice. Like I said I don't use the MX apps much at all so it doesn't seem any different than previous versions. It boots a LOT faster as well (I've also paired it with an SSD which further reduces boot times. The reduction in Aero usage makes the GUI look a little less dimensional as everything is squared-off now, but it seems to make th interface respond more crisply now as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.