Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Why are Napoleon type idiots so stupid?

358 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Dave13 
#1 ·
So I'm at work, and they have a problem with derailments. I offer a suggestion to end them, but the boss (moron fuckstick) shoots it down. Well, it only took a week to have a mega-derailment.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The derailment of seven rail cars in the CSX Moncrief yard early Monday lead to a school evacuation after turpentine spilled out of one of the cars.

The derailment occurred around 4:40 a.m. Monday when rail cars were being switched around, according to Gary Sease of CSX Public Relations.
Five of the cars were on their side while two of the cars were off the track by just a wheel or two, Sease said. The cars were rerailed by 7 a.m. Tuesday.

Students and staff participating in a summer school program at nearby S. P. Livingston Elementary School were evacuated to West Jacksonville Elementary School, according to Jill Johnson with Duval County Public Schools.

The school was cleared yesterday and the program is back at Livingston today, Johnson said.

Soil that was impacted by the turpentine is still being removed today, Sease said. Repair on the tracks will continue after the July 4 holiday.

Sease said derailments are not common and CSX works hard to prevent such incidents through car and track maintenance, Sease said.

An investigation into how the derailment occurred will take a few weeks to complete, Sease said.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...-caused-turpentine-spill-evacuation-of-school

The derailment is well part the 1M mark. It will probably be 1.5 - 2 M by the end of the year. My suggestion was to have all inbound crews restore switches. It's a common courtesy anyways, but not everyone does it. So make it a rule and it will happen. Instead, the dumb fuck boss buys everyone a little foam ball to remind them of switches being wrong. People are leaving empty boxes in his office, so it will be easier for him to pack his shit when he is demoted. :rofl

See less See more
#4 ·
The boss wanted this foam ball to be put on the RCL (remote control locomotive), antenna and after you checked out your area, you can take it off. I first suggested putting an engineer back on the job, that wasn't even considered. Then I proposed run through switches (so this type of derailment cannot happen), and then I suggested something that was free. Meh, just made the board spin and I made a bunch of $$$.

#5 ·
Still don't get it. Foam ball a visual reminder or block signal to the RCL? One thing that pisses me off about the industry are these "CREATIVE" ways to avoid the next incident. What happened to rule 6.28? It takes away responsibility of one doing their job correctly. Dare I say this but I place the blame on the unions and the company. Anytime you can fuck up majorly, come back a year later with $100K check in back pay you're gonna have folks not worried about the consequences of their unsafe actions. Just waiting to see what comes of this Shermer deal. We'll probably just stop running trains if the temp gets above 75 degrees.

#6 ·
Visual reminder. Even though modifying a safety device by putting a ball on top of it (against the rules) was okay(?)

Remember when that engineer (name eludes me) was accused of stealing a computer mouse? UP wrote him a check for $183k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.