Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
actually we're off it now, but I'm with you. we might as well stay on it year long.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
cause we are retarded. it should just stay on summer time

·
Resident Slow Guy
7,386 Posts
I think there are only 2 places that don't change time, Arizona and Indiana. I agree, we should just leave it on summer time.

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
I think there are only 2 places that don't change time, Arizona and Indiana. I agree, we should just leave it on summer time.
Indiana changed their law. They follow it.

Arizona and Hawaii don't follow it.

I think its pretty dumb. Does anyone know if it ever saves energy like Congress thinks it does?

·
Serious inquiries only
13,775 Posts

I think its pretty dumb. Does anyone know if it ever saves energy like Congress thinks it does?
Here's a good link for you if you are interested: http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/c.html

Supposedly it does.

I like to think everything is a conspiracy. "It's a conspiracy man!"

The idea originates from WWI, and it's not a farming thing.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts

Originally I think it was meant for farmers to have more daylight for field work. It saves nothing but 'conservation' is a good 'feel good' warm fuzzy feeling to justify perpetuating a dumb idea. Besides, there's money to be made every time they 'tweak' it and computers need reprogramming/updating. KaChing!

EDIT: Ok, maybe not farmers (after reading above link), but it's still a BS thing that generates a lot 'problems' that needs to have money spent on them to 'fix'. In other parts of the world, it's known as racketeering.

·
Serious inquiries only
13,775 Posts
I regress, maybe the idea originates from farmers. But it wasn't put into practice by governments until WWI.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
These past couple of weeks SUCKED when the sun is not up until 6:30 to 6:45and Im trying to walk my black dog in a pitch black field. Im glad the sun is now up earlier when I wake up. It dam tough waking up when its still dark out.

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
I regress, maybe the idea originates from farmers. But it wasn't put into practice by governments until WWI.
Yep, it was originated for the early start farmers prefer.

These past couple of weeks SUCKED when the sun is not up until 6:30 to 6:45and Im trying to walk my black dog in a pitch black field. Im glad the sun is now up earlier when I wake up. It dam tough waking up when its still dark out.

...this is the reason I am ok with it. Try working in construction, starting in pitch dark. It sucks:)

·
teets
7,403 Posts
It gets dark at friggen 4 now.. depressing as hell. When I get outta the office and its pitch dark I feel like driving my car into a tree.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
I cant find the quote from the tool of a congressman who backed the proposal.
We had it posted up from his wikipedia page...
Something like... He said he "did it cuz it puts a smile on his face"
bah...
after everything it put all the poor IT guys through.. I don't think he was as loved as he may have thought he'd be.

·
Banned
17,542 Posts
It gets dark at friggen 4 now.. depressing as hell. When I get outta the office and its pitch dark I feel like driving my car into a tree.
You should.. it may do somehting about that face of yours.

:laughing:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I get to work it still dark I get out it already dark. Now at least I see some sun in the morning. My office has no windows. That sucks big time !!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts