Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CLSB RESIDENT *******!!!!
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am coming up Algonquin Rd in Hoffman Est. sitting at the light at Ela Rd. I had just passed 3 old guys(like around 55-65yrs old), one was on a Valkarie(sp?), another guy was on a 1100 shadow( not sure on the cc), and the third guy was on some other non HD cruiser. So after I pass them I get stuck at the light. I'm sittin around waiting when I hear them approaching when the light turns green the guy on the Valkarie drops 2 gears( I could hear it he had an exhaust that made it sound like a damn porsche) so I lean forward and take off. This guy almost pulls even with me until I hit second at redline. So he starts fallin back I hit third, I know I'm goin over a hundred( not possitive on exact speed) when who is crossin over the meadian but the neiborhood friendly H.E. police.:mad :mad :mad . So I pull over get off the bike the cop asks me for liscence and Ins.. Then tells me I'm getting a ticket for speeding, DUH! As the cop is walking back to the squad I asked him "why me?" He tells me "you were winning." Thank god though he was pretty cool cause he only gave me a ticket for doin 60 in a 45, and told me to slow it down. Damn I have been to traffic school enough that I could probably teach it. Oh well just thought I would share my story of the day.

Mark:p

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Well at least you won.:D

·
3,613 Posts
Haha bro, you got lucky, duh. The ticket could have been much worse, and at least you can just take traffic school and be rid of it. Btw, that reminds me, I've got traffic school this week! :mad :D

·
Lovin this Twin
1,980 Posts
Dude I think you have worse luck on bikes then grover does.

shit happens though........ I got my ticket this year too!

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
so the old farts didn't pull over or get pulled over?

hmph. old & wise vs young & foolish...not really sure who "won" in this one but being a LITH resident you shoulda known that between Roselle and Huntington is usually a speed trap haven

·
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys:rofl

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
LOL... Nice race.

Tell the traffic school guys I said hello. I havnt seen them in a while :D :D

·
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok here's another one for ya. I end up driving home from Franklin Park at 5:00pm, in the rain, with the girlfriend on the back. It took 2 1/2 hours to get home. :mad construction!

·
Make my day!!!!!
3,330 Posts
I heard yoouwere racing to the light just past where you pull over meaning the old guys won:bs

It would have been a better story if you were pulling a power wheelie as you past the cop. Try better next time. Just make sure you have bail money.:laughing

·
Grammaton Cleric
1,842 Posts
Last week my buddy got a ticket while riding his R-1. He showed it to me and I literally fell on the floor laughing.

The cop issued him a local citation for, "failure to ride a motorcycle using both wheels." Yes, you guessed it, a Lyons cop pulled him over for doing a wheelie on Joliet Road.

Technically, he was not speeding, but wheelies are still a no-no.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts