Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Multistrada front end have to be soo ugly? I sat on one at MCC yesterday and yet again realized how much I love that bike it's got the most perfect ergo's ever!. But I just cant get over the looks of it.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did terblanche design it? can we somehow pin this on him? :laughing
I dont care if he did or not, I'm still blaming him for it...... That Dick! :laughing

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bar height, the seat, foot postion, motor, single sided swingarm, gauges, exhaust.... it has everything I want, all it needs is some bags for touring and a ram mount for GPS and I would be in heaven. but I would clearly have to ride around with a bag over it's face.

·
VTwin FTW!
5,564 Posts
If you like the Multistrada, you should like the Hyper Motard. They are basically the same platform. Put some Strada bars on it and there you go. I agree, that bike was hit with the ugly stick until it broke.

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
The bar height, the seat, foot postion, motor, single sided swingarm, gauges, exhaust.... it has everything I want, all it needs is some bags for touring and a ram mount for GPS and I would be in heaven. but I would clearly have to ride around with a bag over it's face.
Now if your wife thought about YOU this way before you she married you, where would you be now? :laughing:

Get over the looks. It has everything you want and need. DO IT!!!

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whoa is right

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
dude watch out for my wife, she is gonna be sooo pissed you showed me that :lmao:
:laughing:

someone needs to translate that website to see if they're selling the flyscreen and tail fairings. everything else, except for the wheels/clutch/and stubby exhaust is stock

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do they have a dry clutch stock? I thought it was a wet clutch?

·
[Online]
3,695 Posts
Get your dirty hands off the Multistrada! :jester

The looks grow on you. The first time I saw the Multi I thoughtL "It's fugly!". But then... I started to appreciate the subtleties of the design. Ended up buying one, as you know.

Now I absolutely love the design, including the front end. It seriously grows on you. And from what I read on the multistrada.net, it is the same for most Multi owners. Most new/prospective owners typically hate the front end at first. But most of us now fear that Ducati will change the design (which is expected to happen in 08/09).

As far the bags - there are optional hard bags which I'm gonna get for the next season. I regret I didn't order them when I bought the bike.

GPS - if you get a Garmin Zumo, you don't need a RAM mount: there is a much better solution. One of the members on the multistrada.net has a machine shop and he makes custom mount that moves the dash to the side and accommodates the GPS. It looks stock. Judge for yourself:

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
1100DS and 620 are wet. 1000DS was dry (what fracker said)

you can probably find a low miles 1000 S DS pretty cheap. a lot of people dumped them when the 1100 came out.

the looks haven't grown on me too much :laughing:
I thought it was ugly when I bought it. still think it's ugly today.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man i really gotta sell my harley. i got the itch for a new bike BAD!

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If i ever meet turblanche i'm gonna punch him in his face

1 - 20 of 40 Posts