Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Wife got her bike running....

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  gulpacoke 
#1 ·
Its not a sport bike, but we bought a 1975 Yamaha Enduro 250 back about 6 years ago. It was a bike that I always said I was going to get running again , but never did. Here we are 6 years later and I am thinking about getting rid of it, I only paid $100.00 bucks for it, from a friend. My wife said... "Can I have it ? " ... Im like......... Ok ............. she said that she wanted to learn how to ride and felt comfortable with such a light bike. We brought it to a local mechanic, actally a friend of mine since grammer school. He had it runnng in a few days, cost us $326.00
New battery, carb rebuild, tank cleaning, bla bla bla. It had not been runnig since 1986. We got it back Saturday and spent the afternoon cleaning it. It needed it bad. It actualy looks great and runs great! Not bad for 16 years of sitting. She did a great job on it in the back yard, learning where the cluth engages. She drives stick, so it is easier for her to learn. Anyway... she will be riding it soon, and then probably asking to try mine next!.... O my!
She has her eyes on a Shadow... because it is low for her..since she is short legged. Anyone elses wives interesed in learning to ride ?

#3 ·
Yea i will post a few pics.......... nice suggestion !;)

G
#7 ·
Cungratz on da Lil Lady learning how to ride. :cheers

My gf wanted to til things that have happen in the recent with Andy and then her cousin gettin killed and his daughter hurt on a bike. Then there have been few other accident with bikes that we know of. Within the last month or so I wanna say there have been 6 accidents involving motorcycles with 3 people dieing from them (her cousin, then a Grandfather and his grandson that worked for her Dad's company :( ).

Like already said try to get her in on the class. :thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.