Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got windows 8 and I must say, I hate it. The interface is made for a tablet, its absolutely nothing like any previous windows. I spend 10 minutes trying to go back to the desktop from the internet. You dont have the normal menu's and the x to click to drop the page, everything is a tab or quickly becomes a tab. I already downloaded a windows 7 theme so now I can at least do my normal stuff.

· Cuddlie as a koala
7,479 Posts
Friend of mine is just drooling over it. Already is switching all his pc's over to it. Switched his HP slate to it also. Just waiting for him to have a problem so he can call and ask how to fix.:lmao: Isnt gonna happen since I WONT be going to 8.

· U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
Friend of mine is just drooling over it. Already is switching all his pc's over to it. Switched his HP slate to it also. Just waiting for him to have a problem so he can call and ask how to fix.:lmao: Isnt gonna happen since I WONT be going to 8.

Same here!

· Pierced & tattooed freak!
3,044 Posts
I'm running Windows 7 using the Windows XP theme, so I don't have to relearn all that crap right away.

I'm going to guess eventually we will have no choice but to learn/use Windows 8, and re-re-relearn the PC all over again. What a pain. :(

· Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
Good thing I'm still on XP at work....

sigh.

· BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,797 Posts
I've been running it for a couple months, and other than the start menu it's no different. I run everything in the 'Desktop' mode and only have like two metro apps I ever use. It's definitely desired around touch-enabled devices though.

· Registered
5,811 Posts
Tried it a few times at work, not a fan. The tablet GUI Ion a desktop killed it for me. Also no start button and heierarchy of programs. If you have to relearn how to do simple tasks you may as well try iOS since it is more intuitive than 8 seems.

· Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If anyone wants to upgrade il sell you my copy. It was never activated because I did a fresh install with it and my key is only good for upgrades only. Never said anything about being an upgrade version on the packaging nor on the display at best buy. 100% new.

· d0 work s0n!
2,204 Posts
Gotta agree. Picked up a new laptop last night with Windows 8 on it. It was a pain in the ass switching between "app mode" and the typical desktop. I'm hoping once I learn the tips and tricks it'll become easier to use. The worst was installing new "apps" while browsing for more. I would be in the middle of browsing and because it had just installed an app it sent me back to the app homepage. A few other glitches like that continued to annoy me. I'll have to give it a few more tries before I completely write it off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.