Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So once again winter is here and to put it mildly I'm going CRAzzzy.
Office, gym, home and bar on weekend. I need some fresh air.
I need to get out and ride and the only avenue I see now is dirt.
So question is for you guys that ride dirt. Can it be done year around. Is the soil to hard in winter. Are the trails open, and are they far from the city(I'm a burb boy any how). Any input will be apritiated.
BTW I found '00 YZ250 for $1400. Said to be in decent shape. Have not seen it yet. So what is your take on it.
And I have been off the dirt since about '99-00.

·
Pathological Thrill Seekr
5,196 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
join us in the dirt, theres a bunch of 125's forsale on craigslist right now. pick one up.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Craig's list is where I found a '00 yz250 for $1400. Seams like a reasonable price, not sure. And I'll need all the gear.
Are you guys hitting the trails often?

·
I try to ride once or twice a month. Not too much in winter though for trailriding. I'm hoping to put in some time at an indoor moto-x track this winter though.

www.wirmx.com

That said, dirtbiking is cheap and you can have more fun than streetriding.
I gave up on streetriding, I like to go fast, the street isn't the place for it. I'm entirely too poor for trackdays.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Highlands yamaha in lagrange has all their gear on sale right now. if the weather is good the saturday after thanksgiving we will be hitting fox valley.

·
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,731 Posts
Hmmmm:confused I thought winter starts around the 21st of December:confused Or in Chicagolalalalaland around the 2nd week in February:jester

1 - 10 of 10 Posts