Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Unregister User
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see any post about this, but wanted to give a heads up that they are closing up the Wolf Camera stores around here. Stopped in to look at a lens for my Nikon they were all sold out for what I was looking for in Vernon Hills. Might hit up some other locations Friday.

From what I saw
Cameras & Lens 10-15% off
Gearbags 40% off
Memory cards 30%
Tripods 30%

·
The Halo hides my Horns
12,629 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything from there considering they might go out of business. How would you return things?
You don't. You buy things that you've researched and looked at, and made sure it's what you want.

I've never returned anything camera related.

That said, their closing sale prices are probably only slightly better than Amazon. :laughing:

·
The Halo hides my Horns
12,629 Posts

·
YO MAMA
46,997 Posts
Got cha. Headed home and will see what I can find at the fox valley one.

Btw I just picked up a vintage. Minolta 35mm xg7 with 50mm ,100-200mm, 28mm, 2x tele converter. Bunch of Hoya filters, flash and etc from a pawn shop in Toledo. Everything in PRIMIUM condition with case. For 65 bucks!!!!

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
and lackluster customer support all contributed to that.

went in to fingerbang a 14-24 lens and had enough cash to cover it in my pocket.

I dont have a 14-24 so you know how that turned out for them.

·
YO MAMA
46,997 Posts
Well they have been hit HARD by the Nikon users. Still tons of shit left except Nikon. They got a d90 kit. No Nikon lens.

I did how ever find something I needed.

The new nikon 910 speed light. 467.00. I saved a hundo and it in my hand. I saved a few bucks and got something new to play with. Well make that a few things to play with since I picked up that vintage 35mm.

Thanks for posting this.

·
The Halo hides my Horns
12,629 Posts
LOL, post corrections.

Honestly, I'm too busy/lazy to figure out photoshop and the like. I pulled this from the camera using the same card reader I recommended to you, then uploaded it to facebook. That's the extent of my processing. It could be sharper, but I had a shutter speed of like 1/40th, and I was crawling along the floor to get down to her level.

The 8mm Fisheye is a hellafun lens. I just hope I don't get bored of it too quickly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.