Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Names in Green are new riders in the Superbike class for 2008.
Names in Yellow are current riders on a new team/factory.
Names in italics are still unconfirmed.

HANNspree Ten Kate Honda: Carlos Checa, Ryuichi Kiyonari, Kenan Sofuoglu
Yamaha Motor Italia: Noriyuki Haga, Troy Corser
Ducati Xerox: Troy Bayliss, Michel Fabrizio
Alstare Suzuki: Yukio Kagayama, Max Neukirchner, Fonsi Nieto
Kawasaki PSG-1 Corse: Regis Laconi, Makoto Tamada
Team RG Ducati: Lorenzo Lanzi
Guandalini Ducati: Jakub Smrz
Sterilgarda Ducati: Ruben Xaus, Max Biaggi
Pedercini Kawasaki: Vittorio Iannuzzo, Ayrton Badovini
Hannspree Honda Althea: Roberto Rolfo
Team Grillini Yamaha: Loic Napoleone
Team DFX Honda: Karl Muggeridge, Russell Holland
Alto Evolution Honda: Luca Morelli

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Look out for both Neukirchner and Nieto next year...they were both fantastic at times this season. Me thinks Sufuoglu gets his ass handed to him for the first part of the season by the vets up front.

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
Bayliss will destroy the competition next year. The Ducati boards are buzzing with rumors on the 1098R specs. The bike will be über-badass off the showroom floor which will make it quite easy for Ducati to make a Sbk that outclasses everything in the field. Rumor mill says 365lbs and 180hp in street trim.

·
Registered
13,847 Posts
Remember this thread this time next year. The championship will end like this...

1. Haga
2. Kiyonari
3. Kagayama
4. Some other Japanese dude
5. Some half Japanese dude
6. Some guy married to a Japanese girl

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Rob, I hope you're right

I heard they can't keep the R from eating itself at high RPM since the pistons are just so goddmann big

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
Bayliss will destroy the competition next year.

.... Ducati to make a Sbk that outclasses everything in the field.
Too bad the SBK engine has proven to be highly unrealiable so far. They have some serious work to do or they are going to be cutting the milage down to 300Km per engine like HRC has done with the 800. :laughing:

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
All this piston talk seems to be an effect of the internet echo chamber.

I doubt that Ducati would've lobbied so hard for the displacement increase, particularly when they've done quite well with the 999, if they thought it would put them in the same position of rebuilding motors every weekend.

and doesn't Wsbk rules allow them to use non-homologated pistons anyway?

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts
I doubt that Ducati would've lobbied so hard for the displacement increase, particularly when they've done quite well with the 999, if they thought it would put them in the back insame position of rebuilding motors every weekend.
You forget the good old days .... or you might be too young to remember .... when a Ducati was just a grenade waiting to go off. :laughing:

·
Grid Marshall. ,
29,341 Posts
Remember this thread this time next year. The championship will end like this...

1. Haga
2. Kiyonari
3. Kagayama
4. Some other Japanese dude
5. Some half Japanese dude
6. Some guy married to a Japanese girl
:lmao:

...saw that coming:laughing

All this piston talk seems to be an effect of the internet echo chamber.

I doubt that Ducati would've lobbied so hard for the displacement increase, particularly when they've done quite well with the 999, if they thought it would put them in the same position of rebuilding motors every weekend.

and doesn't Wsbk rules allow them to use non-homologated pistons anyway?
As always, very nicely articulated ...you dumb fuck:jester

I agree 100%...Ducati had problems not with performance with the 999, but with squeezing every ounce of power out of that engine, making it very high strung and prone to problems, including very short life spans...not unlike that sumo beast of yours;)

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
:lmao:

...saw that coming:laughing

As always, very nicely articulated ...you dumb fuck:jester

I agree 100%...Ducati had problems not with performance with the 999, but with squeezing every ounce of power out of that engine, making it very high strung and prone to problems, including very short life spans...not unlike that sumo beast of yours;)
:D

just wait, I'm dropping it off tomorrow for a full refresh/rebuild. The crank is getting balanced /trued by falicon, and then it'll be off to the dyno to get proper jettings for U4 and pump gas as well. Then, maybe a big ol' clattering flat slide if it isn't putting out enough. My goal is 70 RWHP with enough torque to dislocate elbows and shoulders of the unwary. :evil

As for WSBK, I stand by my prediction, barring a really severe injury. It'd have to be pretty bad, since mere amputations and crushed cookies seem to have little effect on Bayliss. The man truly has balls of steel. :bow

·
You got the talkin' done
15,710 Posts

·
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like Roflo is staying in WSBK with a ride on the Hannspree Honda Althea Team.

·
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think it was 'a given' when he lost his ride on the TenKate team. I was hoping somone would pick him up though as he had some real good rides towards the end.

It's gonna be a long winter with no racing :(

·
Ciao Marco
3,803 Posts
Shadrach you might want to re-edit the PSG- Kawi team. Last I heard Barros was retiring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts