Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, oh my goodness, I just can't stand it anymore. Where I work, we have cubicles and crap, so we're side by side each other, 'cept everyone has their own separate square, etc, etc. So, the lady across the aisle from me has her boombox thing playing CDs most of the time. The past couple evenings it's just really gotten bad. Apparently, she's deeply religious, so all she listens to is religious music. Whether it be like.. blues, rap, soul, whatever, it's always "OH WE WORSHIPPPPP YOOOOUOUOUU" or whatever. Now, I mean, don't get me wrong or anything. It's all good, really. I mean, if it weren't INCREDIBLY FUCKING LOUD and pointed RIGHT AT ME I'd be okay with it. But, just from listening to this stuff over and over again, I can't even concentrate anymore. I know I'm not the only one, so lemme get right down to it here. Would it be rude of me to ask her to turn the stuff off or something? I mean seriously, you'd really have to be here to understand. I don't know how she can be so unaware of others and not realize that it might distract some people, at the least. :(

Playing right now: "YOOOUUUUU'RREEE MYMYYYYY PEEAAACCCCEEEE.. OH YEAH, LOOORRDDD. YOOOUUU'REEE MY PEEAAACCEEEE. OHHH [email protected]#%" Help me. :(

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
maks, you want my "slow down your ass to fat" cd?????????:jester :jester

·
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JimGoFast said:
maks, you want my "slow down your ass to fat" cd?????????:jester :jester
Bahaha. I dunno about the slow down, but the other part definitely applies in this case. :D

·
I can make my bike lean!
356 Posts
Ahhh, the music you dont like at work topic....I know what you are talking about, and here is the solution, sort of....

In our 'office' (I use the term loosely as it is a dive) we have the resident fossil playing WLIT. Of course another guy there doesnt like that, so he has some gangsta rap playing by him. Occasionally another guy is playing classical where he is. Of course since I dont like any of that, those times that I find myself gathering dust in the 'office' I throw in a dance type CD into the computer and that tunes the rest of the auditory garbage away nicely. See....play the stuff you like to tune them out. Yep, it really sounds like a cacaphony to someone walking through the office, but it works where you are. Then of course the volume knob battles can start too:jester

·
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YZFRabbit said:
See....play the stuff you like to tune them out
Oh man, yep. I had to turn my speakers way up and play some digitallyimported.com radio the other night 'cause I just couldn't stand it anymore. The problem is when she's playin' it during the early evening when everyone's still around 'cause, uh, I guess I just feel weird about playing my shit so loud that everyone else is forced to listen to it. :D

·
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh by the way, apparently she's blasting the Christian music in order to combat some frequent swearers in the next cube over. That's the explanation that was proposed to me, at least.

:mad Take that! :twofinger

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
similar things happened at my work. End result of the volume battle. No more radios. Asking her to turn it down should not be a problem. nor would be to hand her a set of headphones.:D

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Ill tell ya what I would do.

Say hey bitch...turn that fucken crap off or get some head phones. Before I go ANTI CHRIST on your ass.

or the more professional way.

Go tell you boss..her music playing so load is interfering with your work productivity and your atheist and this also is violating my right to freedom of choice in religion when I am being FORCED to listen to such beliefs that I don't share and this is very much posing a work related problem.

that should solve it

but i like choice #1

·
Registered
12 Posts
i was going through my friend's burned cd's and came across this song called "Rock of Ages". i was all pumped cause i love def leppard so i throw it in, and the first words of the song are, "He is a Rock, He Is a Rock, He is a Rock, a Rock named Jesus!" I was like holy crap this is the biggest boner killer of all time. no offense to that christian music, but i can't stand it, i feel your pain maks...

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
Ah headphones are a great thing. Hell, they are my saviour at work. That way I can pull streams offline, and listen to Heave metal, alternative, comedy, dance, techno, whatever I want, and I can listen to it as loud as I want. I don't have to worry about offending anyone, or anything like that!

So you want to get your, "Unda cova lova" an early christmas gift?

Ciao,
Lupi

·
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lupi said:
Ah headphones are a great thing....

So you want to get your, "Unda cova lova" an early christmas gift?
ROFL. You fuckar, Lupi, when're you gonna forget about that? Anyways, it's even better when she wears headphones. I think she listens to the shit so loud that she just stops thinking, but she'll just start singing along all of a sudden. It's hilarious, 'cause, you know, when you're wearing headphones everything seems quieter. She'll bust out in some Jesus song SO LOUDLY--man, the first time it happened I just couldn't hold it in. Bahaha. :laughing :D

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
maks said:
ROFL. You fuckar, Lupi, when're you gonna forget about that? Anyways, it's even better when she wears headphones. I think she listens to the shit so loud that she just stops thinking, but she'll just start singing along all of a sudden. It's hilarious, 'cause, you know, when you're wearing headphones everything seems quieter. She'll bust out in some Jesus song SO LOUDLY--man, the first time it happened I just couldn't hold it in. Bahaha. :laughing :D
wait....is that the fat chick you like at work? :confused (j/k)

so did you tell her to turn down the music or what? :evil :p

·
Highspeed ditch inspector
3,717 Posts
I wish I could have radio at work. :(

·
Your Cigar Aficionado
7,144 Posts

·
The Victim Newbie
7,384 Posts
hey, what ever happened to Maks? most of the people in this thread have vanished. Maks, jughead, Champ91. I think Babette still posts occasionally, but Maks and Jughead were regulars.

Anybody know what happened?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts