Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
El Speedy Gonzales
719 Posts
Damn, cant wait to see the finished product!

I will one day have a nicely set up SV for street fun (hell, even some fun on track too when I want to give the R6 a rest). I really do like them bikes and have missed a few good deals on some.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Team Resurrection currently has 2 SV motors going together. I was schooled last night on transmission assembly. Here are pictures of 2 assmebled transmissions in the engine cases.

We can assmeble a third motor if we can get the crankshaft journal repaired for a reasonable price. Below are pictures of the damaged crankshaft. The damage occurred after a pretty long wheelie.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The plan as of right now is to go into next season with 2 fully preppy SVs. One is already fully prepped and ready to go. I found a good deal on a 2nd gen that as it sits only needs tires. I rebuilt the stock forks and rear penske shock and put springs on it for my weight. That bike will run the stock front end and stock wheels. Basically it will be the "B" bike. I have a spare set of wheels for it.

The "A" bike has a 05 gsxr front on it and 06+ gsxr rear wheel. I have spare gsxr rear wheel and have the spacers and kit to make the stock rear caliper work which is cool because now I don't have to worry about sourcing as many 160 rear tires.

As of now both bikes have operational motors. Gus and I are putting together 2 other motors right now. The big motor will go in the "A" bike that running the fully gsxr setup. The motor that's in it now will be it's backup motor. The 2nd motor we are putting together will be another backup motor. So we are basically going into the season with 2 bikes and 2 extra motors. We can feasibly put together a 3rd motor and most of 3rd bike but I'm missing a rear shock which is pretty pricy.I'm trying to save money for entry fees and tires right now but our attempt on preperation is looking pretty damn good.

Some more pictures as the build goes on. We assembled the transmissions the night before last. Last night we begain the process of assmebling the connecting rods to the crankshaft and replacing the wrist pins, cir clips, connecting rod bearings and I imagine the next step will be to end gap the rings and then honing the cylinders. I'm learning a lot regarding engine assembly this time around.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kickass homey, not much beats an early start
I'm going to make an honest attempt at running the whole season next year. Go out, ride my own ride, try to rack up as many points as I can in every class and try not to die.

·
4,556 Posts
I'm going to make an honest attempt at running the whole season next year. Go out, ride my own ride, try to rack up as many points as I can in every class and try not to die.
You can't ride team challenge alone :)

I don't know if i'm selling off SV parts and building a 600. Or take all my parts and build a superbike.

To go superbike, I need:
Complete bottom end
lightened crank
pistons
flat slides
cylinders bored
Lost of hours in the machine shop to make light weight parts and triple trees

I have everything else
Gasket kit
Connecting rods
Spare cylinders to bore
Spare heads to clean up
Cams for cam swap
Cam Sprockets
The rest of the bike :)
GSXR rear wheel
Penske shock
AK20's up front
Lightweight subframe

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Modification to run rear 06+ GSXR 600 / 750 on 1st Gen SV650. Spacers are captive. Same bearings remain in GSXR wheel. Use Stock SV axle with new spacers. No worries on sourcing 160 tires with this mod. Geometry does not change much at all. Same rear ride height. Tire is a bit taller so to get same gearing different sprocket ratios need to be played with. We will definitely see how it goes hopefully late december go to Jennings.

Also on B bike 2nd Gen we have captive spacers for rear wheel. On B bike we will still run 160 rubber. Hopefully Michelin makes some. I will only need a few of those for next year.

5,593 Posts
Sorry we didn't get much done tonight.

Fri. ya know

5,593 Posts
Seems it's just you and me buddy.
These other people are to busy talking about politics and coffee makers.

·
Obsessed and Deranged
4,629 Posts
yer makin me want to build a killer sv650, but my wrenchin has been on the old DR-z lately, after missing the dual sport rides this fall i have bought a bunch of stuff for the dizzer and plan on rocking the old tractor this winter/spring

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.